Meeting the cast

"WHEN WILL YOU ANNOUNCE YOUR RELATIONSHIP?" The paparazzi swarmed around me instantly when I step outside the hotel doors. "HOW DOES YOUR DAD FEEL ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH TYLER?" My hand covers my face as I walk towards the car, "Please back up!" I plead, moving my hand to cover more of my face. "JOCELYN, WHO ARE YOU DATING?" 

I climb inside, pulling the door closed behind me. "Thank you!" I sigh, putting on my seatbelt before signaling the driver to leave. "Patrick," He smiles through the rear view, "I'm one of the drivers for Outer Banks!" He explains, noticing my confusion. "Right, sorry! Still getting used to hearing that."

"Better get used to it quick." He laughs, stopping in front of a house. "Nice meeting you, Patrick! Thank you for the ride." I say, closing the door behind me. "Jocelyn!" Jonas cheers, opening the door as I walk up the steps. "Come meet everyone." He leads me to the backyard, where a group of people are scattered around. "Everyone meet-" 

"Jocelyn!" Chase shouts, cutting off Jonas as he runs over and hugs me. "Congrats!" Rudy smiles, handing me a drink. "No, congrats to you guys for getting a season two!" I say, gesturing to the cast and Jonas. "That's my wife, Jen!" He smiles as she walks past, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Our daughter, Lilah and son, Cooper."

Everyone sits around the outside table, eating and having a couple drinks. I watch them chatting with each other, joining in on some conversation before everyone scatters around the backyard again. "You're Madelyn, right?" I ask the girl sitting next to me. "Maddie will do, Madelyn makes me feel like I'm doing an interview." 

I groan, rolling my head back. "Don't even start! The paparazzi is the worst, they just keep asking me which costar I'm dating!" She nods, "Or where you got your outfit!" We start coughing because of how hard we're laughing. "Hey Rudy." Maddie giggles, slowly recovering. "Chase is asking for you..." Rudy laughs, nodding towards the boy fake pouting in the corner. "It was nice meeting you, Jocelyn!" She smiles, walking over to her boyfriend. 

He holds out a fresh drink, "Thanks." I mumble, take it from him and popping it open. He takes one for himself, "Jonas told me you were looking for a place? I have a spare room at the moment since Chase moved out, it's yours if you want." I turn to him quickly, "Are you kidding? Yes, anything that gets me away from the paparazzi!" He laughs, "That bad?" I nod quickly, "Ohh, please say you can cook! I don't want to do all the cooking again..."

"I can cook, but I do like cooking with no shirt!" I shake my head, holding up my hands. "No problem, Tyler was the same minus the cooking part." Rudy laughs, standing up. "Let's go tell Jonas then." I nod, taking his hand and following him over to Jonas. "Sounds like everyone has housing, does everyone have their keys?" Everyone nods as Rudy leans towards me, "I've got a spare key for you at the apartment." Jonas smiles, clapping his hands together, "Tomorrow we're going to be reviewing your boat and surfing skills, other than that, goodnight!"

Rudy and I say goodbye to everyone before heading to my hotel. "That's everything." I nod, closing my suitcase after double checking. "Ready to move in?" He smiles, pulling my suitcase towards the elevator. "Honestly, a little nervous!" The elevator doors open, "but it's a good nervous." He laughs, following to the desk. "Good! I was worried for a second." I hand over the keys, "Thank you!" She nods, sitting back down as we walk outside. 

"Hey Maddie?" He says, unlocking the car and putting my bag into the back. "Hang on, let me put you on Bluetooth." I sit in the passenger seat, "What's going on?" He shrugs, turning on the car as the call switches over. "What's going on?" Maddie sighs before we hear Chase in the background, "You have no Cheez-its!" Rudy rolls his eyes, "Go to the Chase drawer, there should be a box left." I look at him, mouthing "Chase drawer?" causing him to nod. "CHEEZ-ITZ!" Chase screams, obviously finding the box. 

Rudy hangs up as the lights turn red, "If you couldn't tell, Chase love Cheez-Itz!" I laugh, shaking my head. "You can connect your phone and play some music, if you want." I find the AUX cord, plugging it into my phone and scrolling through Spotify. "You better know this!" I smile, pointing at him as Gives You Hell by The All-American Rejects starts playing.

"I wake up every evenin' with a big smile on my face!" I sing loudly, "AND IT NEVER FEELS OUT OF PLACE!" He shakes his head while laughing, I begin dancing in my seat and using my hand like a microphone. "You sing!" I smile, moving my hand towards him. "And truth be told, I miss you!" He sings while rolling his eyes, "And truth be told, I'm lyin'!" We start screaming the lyrics together as he pulls into an underground parking. 

He turns off the car as the song ends, "I'm guessing there's going to be more carpool karaoke?" I nod while smiling, "Yep!" He shakes his head, grabbing my suitcase from the backseat. "Maddie says Chase is getting impatient." He laughs, reading Maddie's text. "Let's go save her then." I joke, following him inside. We take the elevator up to the fourth floor, "Apartment #625." He nods his head down the hall, I reach for the door before it swings open. "Thank god!" Maddie sighs, pulling me into a hug.

"Nice to see you too?" I laugh, hugging her back. "RUDY! COME PLAY MARIO CART!" Chase shouts from the couch while waving a second remote in the air. "Let me show Jocelyn to her room first." Rudy sighs, waving me to follow him. "My room is the other way, first door on the left." We walk down the hall, walking into the open-door room. "This is your room! Bathroom through there and wardrobe there." He explains while pointing towards each door.

I take my suitcase from him, leaving it at the end of the bed with my backpack on top. "You go play with Chase and I'll chat with Jocelyn!" Maddie says, knocking on the door before walking in. "It's fine." Rudy shrugs as Maddie stares at him, "Or I could go play with Chase!" He nods agreeing with her, walking back to the lounge room. I sit down beside Maddie on the bed, "I didn't know that you are Rudy were dating." My face goes pink, "Rudy and I aren't together!"

She lays on her side while looking up at me, "But you want to be?" I shrug, coping her. "Too soon to tell, I haven't even known him for a day." We look at each other as the boys start shouting, we walk out of my room to see them standing on the couch while shoving each other. "CHASE! RUDY!" Maddie shouts, getting their attention. "Get down before you hurt each other!" I finish, taking a seat on a beanbag while Maddie sits on the other. 

"Jocelyn, your phone is on the coffee table." Rudy says while sitting back down. "Thanks!" I pick it up, seeing a facetime call come up. "Hey Princess, how did the audition go?" The boys pause their game, "I got the role...I'm actually with a few of my cast members." I turn the phone slightly, showing them behind me. "Seb meet Maddie, Chase and Rudy! Guys meet my uncle Seb!" They each say a quick hi, "Is capsicle with you?" I ask, hearing my dad shout. "STOP TALKING TO RDJ!"