Rudy's Birthday

I grab my phone to check my messages as two arms wrap around me from behind, "What are you doing?" I turn off my phone, "I think I should be asking you that, aren't you supposed to be getting dressed?" He pouts, "Why can't we stay home? It's my birthday!" I shake my head, "That is why you can't. Everyone wants to celebrate with you, now go get dressed!" 

The door swings open as Chase, Maddie and Drew walk in. "Happy Birthday!" Chase smiles, giving Rudy a bro-hug. "I'll go get ready." Rudy sighs, walking towards the bedroom. "So, what did you get him?" Chase asks, putting a gift bag on the bench. "It's a surprise and I'm not telling any of you." Maddie nods, "That's fair." I laugh as my phone starts ringing. "Jocelyn? It's Penny, Rudy's mom."

My eyes widen, "Hi!" I pick up my keys as Rudy walks out, "Give me one second." I cover the speaker, "Important business call." I lie, walk out to the balcony. "I'm sorry about that!" She laughs, "You're fine, dear! We just landed." I watch the boys chatting inside, "Perfect! I'll text you when we're at the restaurant." 

We exchange goodbyes before hanging up, "Good news?" I look up to see Rudy smiling at me, "Yeah..." I smile back, "Good news." He kisses my head as Drew walks over, "Ready to go?" I look around the group, "Who's DD?" Chase holds up his hand, "Alright! Good to go then." Everyone walks out as Rudy locks the door. "Madi, Austin and JD are at the restaurant already."

"Can you tell me what you got me?" I sit in the back between Rudy and Maddie, "Nope, you will find out later." I watch Rudy lean back with a smirk, "You and your dirty mind!" Drew and Maddie look over at us confused and slightly concerned. "He wants to know what I got but I told him he will find out later." Chase starts laughing as he connects the dots. "It's your fault for worded it like that!" Rudy says, trying to defend himself.

We reach the restaurant, finding everyone at the table already. "Hey!" I smile while hugging Madi, "Are the Pates here?" She nods, "Ordering drinks." I look towards the bar, spotting Jonas and Jen talking to the bartender. "I'm going to go help them!" She laughs, watching them trying to figure out how to carry all the drinks. 

"Shorty!" Austin smiles while pulling me into him, "Does Rudy know what you got him yet?" I shake my head, "Nope...and I'm not telling you." He looks over at Rudy, talking to Cooper and Lilah. "I tried!" I shake my head at their attempt as my phone buzzes, "I'll be back!" I start feeling nervous as I walk outside, looking around until I spot a woman with two teenagers. 

I take a deep breath while walking over, "Hi Penny!" I wave shyly. "Jocelyn, so nice to finally meet you." Penny smiles, pulling me into a hug. "Thank you for flying us out!" I shake my head as someone gasps, "You're Jocelyn Evans! How are you dating my brother?!" Penny hits the back of his head, "I'm guessing you're Henning." He nods, shaking my hand. "Which makes you Alec."

"Let's sneak you guys inside!" I smile, leading them through the crowd. "Rudy has no idea." I warn them as we get closer to the table. We make it without anyone noticing the 3 extra people that joined, "Wow Rudy! I fly your family out, the least you could do is say hi to them!" I joke while moving out the way. "N-NO YOU DID NOT?!" Rudy stutters, staring at his family in shock.

"Well don't just stand there, give your mother and brothers a hug!" Penny smiles, holding her arms out as Rudy jumps up. I take his seat beside Maddie, "You two I swear..." I look at her confused, "What?" She shakes her head while laughing, "Just how you both do things to see the other happy. It's so adorable!" I roll my eyes before watching Rudy joking around with his brothers, "I guess you're right." 

Rudy spins around, pulling me into a kiss making everyone cheer. "Thank you for doing this!" I shake my head, "It's your birthday and you haven't seen them in ages." Rudy smiles, taking my hand and leading me to the dance floor. "How did you get them here?" He asks before spinning me around and pulling me closer. 

"Remember that phone call with your mom a couple weeks ago?" He nods, "We swapped numbers after that. I messaged her about your birthday and how I wanted to fly them out as a surprise!" He shakes his head while smiling, "You're amazing...thank you!" I rest my head against his chest and listen to his heartbeat until Maddie taps his shoulder. "Can I?" She asks while gesturing to me. "Go ahead, mom probably wants a dance with her favorite child." He jokes, walking over to his mom and Austin. 

"We're doing shots!" Maddie smiles while dragging me over to the girls. "Nope! No way! Lilah isn't of age." I shake my head as Lilah laughs, "It's fine." I think about it for a second before giving in, we do a couple shots together before the boys join us. After a couple more rounds of shots, everyone was saying their goodbyes while sorting out driving. 

Alec driving Henning and Penny to their hotel, Lilah driving Cooper, Jonas and Jen home. JD driving Madi, Drew and Austin to the home which left Chase driving Maddie, Rudy and myself.

"Have fun!" I laugh at Chase, watching him hold up Maddie. "Yeah, yeah!" He rolls his eyes as I close the door. Rudy starts leaving sloppy kisses on my shoulder and neck, "You looked so good tonight!" He mumbles against my neck. "Thank you..." I whisper, leaning my neck to the side and giving him more access.

I wrap my arms around his neck as he moves his head up, connecting our lips. He starts biting and pulling my lip, "Bedroom?" He asks with a smirk. "Bedroom." I groan, wrapping my legs around his waist while leaving hickeys on his neck.