Messy buns and surfboards

"Does Maddie and Chase want to drive in with us?" Rudy asks, handing me a plate. "She's struggling to get him up." I laugh, reading Maddie's text before the front door opens. "I give up! Can one of you try?" Maddie pleads, resting her head on my shoulder. "I'll get him up!" Rudy smirks while walking out the door. "Want some breakfast?" I ask, pointing towards the extra plate Rudy cooked. "Honestly, I pegged Chase to be a morning person." 

She nods, taking the plate and sitting back down. "He is, if he's not hungover or spent the night playing Mario Cart!" I shake my head before putting my hair into a messy bun. "WHAT THE FUCK!" Chase screams from their apartment, "Oh god..." Maddie mumbles, running out. I grab my phone and keys before locking the door and running behind her.

We run into the apartment, finding Rudy holding a bucket and Chase dripping wet. "Rudy!" I gasp, taking in Chase's appearance. "What? He's awake." He shrugs, putting the bucket away. "I'm going for a shower..." Chase says, glaring at Rudy before walking off. "Towels! We forget to grab them..." I sigh, walking towards the door. "There's some in my car already." Rudy says.

We wait for Chase to get ready before heading to the carpark. I give Chase the AUX, "He can choose since you dumped cold water on him." Rudy shrugs, starting the car as Disney music starts playing. Disney music stayed on until we reached the beach, pulling up beside Austin and Drew. "How did you guys sleep?" Austin asks, making Maddie and I giggle. "Ask them!" Rudy holds his hands up, "In my defense, Maddie asked us to wake you up! She never said how."

Chase turns to him, "AND COLD WATER WAS THE WAY TO DO THAT?" Everyone but him burst out laughing as join the rest of the group. "What's so funny?" JD asks, looking at me. "Maddie tried to wake up Chase and failed so Rudy dumped a bucket of cold water on him." Everyone turns to the instructor, hearing him clear his throat. "Can I have a raise of hands if you've surfed in the last month?" I raise my hand while looking around at some other hands raised. 

"You can surf?" Chase asks. "Yeah, Hemsworth and I have mini comps." I laugh at his surprised look. "Alright, everyone grab a board and will get started!" After a few hours, we're all surfing a wave or cheering someone on. "Let's go!" Rudy shouts, we paddle out towards the waves. 

"GO JOCELYN!" The girls scream, making me laugh. "COME ON RUDY!" The boys scream loudly, I look up seeing a nice wave ahead. I start paddling slightly before popping up, seeing Rudy do the same. "SHIT!" He shouts, flipping off his board and into the water. I laugh at his dismount before doing the same thing. 

I swim towards the surface, finding my board before paddling back in. "What happened?" Chase laughs, placing his hand on Rudy's shoulder. "It was Jocelyn's fault!" Rudy says nodding towards me. "My fault? How was your failure my fault?" I scoff, crossing my arms. "You left your buddy alone in the water!" He explains, putting his arm around my shoulder. 

"You're an idiot!" I laugh, shoving him off me while Chase suggests having a bonfire on the beach. "We're going to need blankets and chairs!" Austin points out, "Do you guys still have those camping chairs?" Chase looks at Rudy, "I can go get them, anything else?" Maddie holds up her phone, "I'll send you guys a list." Rudy nods, looking over at me. "Wanna come?" I nod, grabbing our towels before following him back to the car.

We get to the apartment as the sun starts to set, "Woah...the view is amazing from here!" I look out the large window, watching the sunset over the city. "J, can you get the blankets off my bed?" I turn around, seeing Rudy put a pile of blankets by the door. "Did you just call me J?" He freezes, "No! I said Jocelyn." I nod with a smirk, "Too bad, it was cute." I call out while walking towards his room.

"What's taking so long?" Maddie whines as I answer, making me laugh. "We just got to the apartment! We went to the shops first." I explain, holding the phone between my ear and shoulder as I carry the blankets out. "Guess what?" I whisper, "I think I might like him...just a little." I pull the phone away as she screams, "I knew it! You should tell him soon!"

I hear Rudy walking out, "Maybe...we're on our way." I hang up, seeing Rudy carrying another blanket. "I think we have enough, if not people can share." I pocket my phone, helping him carry the blankets. "Can you lock the door?" He asks, holding a bunch of blankets which almost block his vision. "Sure! I'll meet you at the car, be careful!" He laughs, walking towards the elevator.

We made it back to the car, throwing the blankets across the backseat. "Can you check we have everything on the list?" Rudy asks, handing his phone over. "Password is 0812, my birthday." I enter the password, "August 15th..." I mumble, going to his and Maddi's messages. "Hm?" He hums, looking over confused. "My birthday, August 15th." I say, checking the list against the bags of snacks and drinks.

He parks beside Drew's car again, "AUSTIN! COME HELP US!" I shout, getting out the car. "ALRIGHT!" He calls back, running up the sand. "What do you want me to carry?" He asks as Rudy passes him some chairs. "DREW!" Austin whistles, waving him over. "No wonder you guys took forever!" He laughs, helping the boys carry the blankets and chairs while I take the bags. 

I follow them down the sand, "Who started the fire?" I ask, warming my hands up. "Madi and JD!" Drew nods towards the two as he hands me a chair. "Knew one of the girls would've had to help." I joke, winking at Madi.