Chapter 5: Unexpected Visitors

Adrien gets home and goes right up to his room. Not like anyone would've been there to greet him and ask him where he's been anyways. He gets to his room and pulls out his phone to see a text from Nino.

 He gets to his room and pulls out his phone to see a text from Nino

Adrien puts away his phone, changes into his pajamas and gets into bed to try and sleep

Adrien puts away his phone, changes into his pajamas and gets into bed to try and sleep. For over an hour he tossed and turns uncomfortably in his bed, but no matter what he does all he can think about is Marinette and the days events.

"I can't do this, I need to go outside and try and clear my head. I might as well do patrol at the same time in case someone gets akumatized" he says aloud.

"Oh come on Adrien it's so late can't you just keep trying to sleep?" Plagg says to him in which Adrien ignores "PLAGG CLAWS OUT". Adrien transforms into Chat Noir and heads out into the city.

As he jumps from rooftop to rooftop he comes across a light on a balcony. Marinette's balcony. What was she doing up still? He decides to head over that way and check on her.

"Hello" she jumps in surprise but is relived when it's just him "Chat? What're you doing here? It's quite late" she asks him, he responds "I've had a pretty eventful day and I just couldn't sleep with all the thoughts in my head" she nods, she can definitely relate to that "what about you? Why are you still up?" He asks. "Same thing, really rough day" she says.

The 2 of them just both look out from the balcony in silence for a little, just looking at all the city lights. Chat looks over at Marinette, she looks so beautiful with the soft glow of all of the lights shining onto her face.

Maybe Nino was right, maybe they were more than friends. Maybe what he felt for her was more than friends, but how would he know? He's only ever had friends and that's still something new to him. Even worse what if she doesn't feel the same! Adrien seems like he has a lot to lose, but that doesn't mean Chat has to be confused does it?

"Marinette can I ask you something?" "Sure Chat, what's up?" He thinks for a second, "um... how do you know when what you're feeling for someone is more than just friendship?" He asks.

For a second she's taken back by how forward his question is, let alone the question coming from him. However she takes a second to think and answers, "well.... I guess it's all about how they make you feel. When you feel like they're the only person you want to be around, they're the only one who you can think about and... and there's this feeling, I can't really explain it, but it's like you can't be without them" she looks at him and smiles "in my eyes, when you feel like that about someone it's a pretty clear sign of more than friendship."

Chat takes a minute or so to take in everything Marinette has told him and think. He thinks to himself, is this the way he feels about Marinette? Does she make him feel this way? He thinks and then it hits him, HE LIKES MARINETTE!

Growing up his only friend was Chloé and she's always been very straightforward with him so he just assumes that all friends must act this way, but Marinette, she's always been different. He thought that all of those things he felt when he was with her were just feelings of friendship, but clearly they've always been more.

He suddenly feels very nervous being here with Marinette, it's like he doesn't know how to act anymore. "W-well thank you Mari.. I MEAN Marinette! You've been very helpful!" He stammers, she gives him a confused look, "is everything ok Chat Noir?..." "YES you're great I MEAN everything is GREAT! I have to go now goodnight Marinette!" He rambles.

"Wait Chat where are you-" she's cut off by him grabbing his stick and hopping over to the next building. She watches him disappear into the distance and whispers "Goodnight Chat Noir"

She heads into back into her room from the balcony and begins to get ready for bed. "That was a little weird Tikki wasn't it?" She asks the kwami, "did you expect otherwise from him?" Tikki says in return.

Marinette laughs, "I guess you're right about that! Goodnight Tikki" she turns off her light and goes to sleep.

Meanwhile, Chat Noir gets home and transforms back into Adrien. "PLAGG! I LIKE MARINETTE!" He exclaims probably much louder than he should've, Plagg just looks at him.

"What why are you looking at me like that Plagg?" Adrien asks "because I couldn't told you that you felt like that a LONG time ago it was SO obvious" the kwami responds while munching on some camembert.

Adrien just gives him a "humph" and gets into bed, turns out the light and finally gets some sleep.