Chapter 14: Loving You is a Losing Game

A/N: Mood Music! I suggest starting from 2:20 for the best experience!

Adrien walks out the front doors of the school, it's pouring rain. Where was his umbrella when he needed it? Oh..right... walks down the steps to see if his bodyguard is here.

Suddenly the doors swings open behind him. "ADRIEN WAIT!" A voice calls after him from the top of the steps .

He turns around to see Marinette running after him, but he turns around to walk away. "Adrien please! You tell me you love me, you ignore me all day and then you go and do that? The least you could do is talk to me!" She says to him.

He turns around to face her, "look Marinette I'm sorry!" He starts "that's not the way that I wanted to tell you feel about you. I wasn't even sure I felt that way until it just came out." This was going to be so much harder than he thought it was going to be.

He sees tears starting to pool in her eyes when she asks "then why are you ignoring me?" He takes a deep breath and responds, "all that I've done is cause more pain for you by telling you this. It'll make everything easier for you if you don't have to worry about me, the choice will be easier if there's only one option."

Marinette has tears rolling down her face at this point. "Adrien please... please don't do this to me..." she begs him. All he wants to do is run up to her and hold her in his arms and tell her it's all going to be ok, but he knows he can't.

He feels tears pooling up in his own eyes at his next words, but does his best to hold them back. "You deserve the whole world Marinette. You don't deserve to be hurting like this and it's all my fault that you are" he says to her.

She shakes her head back at him as she says "it's not, please it's not your fault." "I'm sorry Marinette I just can't keep causing this pain for you, you deserve so much better" he says to her.

Tears are racing down her cheeks and she's soaked by the rain. "Don't do this to me Adrien. You're all I have left, I don't have anyone else."

Before he can say anything, his bodyguard pulls up to the front of the school. He tries his best to hold back his tears as he makes his way to the car, he doesn't need to worry his bodyguard.

He opens the to get in the car and looks back at Marinette for a second. "I'm sorry Marinette" are his only words to her.

His bodyguard drives off and Marinette is left alone, sunk down to her knees, crying while the rain pours down on her.

She has nobody left now.