Chapter 3: Lost and Found

After what felt like forever, Adrien finally arrived at his destination. "I really hope she's here Plagg otherwise we might be out here for a long time" "If this takes the whole night then you owe me some camembert" Plagg responds. Adrien just rolls his eyes and continues walking.

He turns a corner and there she is. She's sitting on the steps, watching the sunset behind the Eiffel Tower. Adrien starts to make his way up behind her, however, what he doesn't see is an akuma that's flying towards her at the same time.

"Marinette?" He says, she turns around and looks at him shocked with tears in her eyes, "A-Adrien?". He sees the tears in her eyes and just walks up to her and hugs her as she cries into his shirt. He says to her "it's gonna be ok Marinette, I'm here for you now", she continues to cry "it's just so awful Adrien. First all of then with Luka, then Lila's messages" he looks at her confused "Lila's messages? What messages?" He asks.

She tells him all about the messages and the threats that Lila had sent her which caused her to cancel on them and run away, "gosh that Lila just makes me so angry how could she go this to you" he says clenching his fists. He looks back at Marinette and says "but don't worry about her, nothing is going to happen to you. I won't let it" she smiles at him "you really mean that?" She asks.

Just then Adrien sees the akuma that's flying towards Marinette, he doesn't want her to see it and panic so he pulls her back into  another hug and says to her "of course I do" and with that he feels her relax. He lets out a sign of relief as he sees the akuma fly away.

"You've had a rough day Marinette how about we go get some ice cream? It's on me." She looks at him and gives him a small smile, "that would be nice, but I'm sure everyone else is worried" she says. "I'll make sure the others know you're ok while we wait and when we can the ice cream we can come sit back here and it eat. It's really beautiful here" he reassures her.

"You know you don't have to do this Adrien" she says, he turns to her "I'm not doing anything, just helping out a special friend in need after all that she's done for me" she smiles at him and he says "now come on let's go" he grabs her hand and leads her to the ice cream cart.

"Adrien can I ask you something?" "Yea sure what's up?" She stops and thinks for a second, "how did you know where to find me?" He blushes a little and says "well I heard you talking to Alya about your 'secret garden of inspiration' once and I'd seen you here during some of my photo shoots before and-" "well I'm just glad you remembered" she says and smiles.

Adrien takes out his phone to text the others and let them know he found Marinette.

With that he puts away his phone and grabs his ice cream

With that he puts away his phone and grabs his ice cream. The two of them go back and sit on the steps where Marinette was and look at the sunset behind the Eiffel Tower. Marinette is focused on eating her ice cream, but Adrien is focused on her.

He looks at the way the light of the sunset reflecting onto her face has been glowing and makes her eyes sparkle. He wonders how Luka could ever give her up for someone like Lila, he must be a fool.

"How do you feel about meeting Alya and Nino at the part in around 15 minutes?" he asks. "I think that would be nice" she says. The two of them continue to eat their ice cream and watch the sunset until they finish and make their way towards the park.