Chapter 32: A Single Rose

The about two days pass and both Adrien arrives at school bright and early to meet his friends. He meets Alya and Nino at the staircase closest to the locker room to once again discuss their secret plan.

"This is it guys, todays the day! I'm gonna ask her!" Adrien says while taking in a deep breath, Nino massaging his shoulders to help him relax.

Alya rolls her eyes at the two boys ridiculousness "Well its about time!" she exclaims "The dance is in a few days, you're lucky someone else hasn't beaten you to it already!"

Suddenly another voice approaches, joining the conversation "beat you to what Adrikins?" It was Chloé, just what they needed right now...

However, Adrien doesn't answer as his attention is focused elsewhere. Marinette has just entered the school and walks into the locker room, waving to her friends as she walks by. Alya laughs at the very Marinette-like love sick, heart eyes expression on his face as he waves back.

Alya's laughter snaps Adrien back into it and he turn to his friends "There she is! I gotta go now, wish me luck!" he says to them as he walks off to head into the locker room.

"You got this dude! Don't sweat it!" Nino calls after him giving him two thumbs up.

As soon as Adrien disappears into the locker room, both Alya and Nino start to scramble, grabbing their bags. "Lets go!" Alya says to Nino and the 2 start walking. "Where are we going?!" Chloé says loudly as she tries to keep up with the couple.

Both Alya and Nino stop in their tracks at the loud sound of Chloé's voice. Alya whips around immediately and looks Chloé dead in the eyes "Chloé, you can either come with us and be quiet or stay here."

Chloé just gives them a silent nod in response and follows them as they quietly slip into the surprisingly empty locker room and hide behind a set of lockers to watch.

Adrien takes a deep breath and closes his eyes for a second before walking right up beside Marinette at her locker. "Hey Marinette!"

"Oh hey Adrien! What's up?" She says a little surprised

"Well I actually had something that I wanted to ask you..." he starts. This is it Adrien! Just ask her! He pulls out a single red rose from behind his back and holds it out in front of him.

"Did you maybe wanna go to the dance with me this Saturday?"

Marinette's jaw drops and her eyes go wide. "M-me? To the dance w-with you? Me?" is all she can manage to get out. Her eyes flicker back and forth between the rose and the nervous expression on Adrien's face. This was the last thing she had expected him to say to her, she can't even find the words to answer him right now.

"Just say yes already Dupain-Cheng! You known you want to!" a voice shouts from within the locker room. Marinette looks over to see Chloé has jumped out from behind a set of lockers.

"CHLOÉ!" both Alya and Nino shout out in unison pulling her back behind the lockers

Alya gives Marinette a little nod and goes back behind the lockers herself. Marinette turns her attention back to Adrien and takes the rose from his hand.

"I'd love to go with you Adrien, that sounds great!"

Adrien's whole face practically lights up at her answer. He breaks into a smile as big as his mouth will allow him. "Awesome! Maybe Alya and Nino could meet you at the bakery and I could pick you up from there?" He asks her.

"That sounds great, I'll be sure to let Alya know! See you in class!" she says as she picks up her bag and smiles at Adrien before leaving the locker room to head to class.

As soon as she leaves, Adrien turns to where his friends are not to secretly hiding and shouts "SHE SAID YES!" as he throws up his arms in the air.

Marinette giggles quietly from outside the locker room as she's only a step away from the door. She smiles to herself as she walks to class.

Meanwhile the other three run over to Adrien excitedly. "See buddy! We told you it'd all be fine!" Nino says to his friend as he throws an arm over his shoulders. "Everything is going to be perfect, we're not going to let there be any interruptions this time, thats for sure!" Alya adds in.

Chloé squeals excitedly for Adrien, they all honestly thought she'd be upset with the news, but she's so excited for her childhood best friend "What're you gonna wear Adrikins? Do you need my help?"

Alya looks over at Chloé with a look of confusion "Chloé, you did not just as the son of the most prestigious fashion designer in Paris if he needs help choosing what to wear..."

Chloé takes in what Alya says for a minute before answering. "Oh... yea thats right!" she starts "sometimes I forget that when I see those orange shoes" she says looking down at his shoes in disgust while the Alya and Nino laugh.

Adrien is too focused on other things to pay attention to Chloé's dig at his shoes. Right now he thinks that he's going to explode from excitement before the next few days pass and the dance finally comes around.

Suddenly an idea comes to him and he brings his attention back to his friends.

"Alya, there's one more thing that I need your help with. Actually, Chloé you might be of help as well"

He tells the two girls his idea and they both start squealing with excitement. "OH ADRIEN THAT'S FANTASTIC! She's gonna love it!" Alya exclaims.

"Well, you're sooo lucky you have me to help you pull this off" Chloé says with a hair flip.

Before anyone can say anything else, the four of them hear the warning bell. They grab their stuff and start walking to class together.

Adrien can't seem to wipe that big smile off of his face for the rest of the day. He couldn't be more excited for Saturday to finally roll around.