Chapter 13: Locker Room Confessions pt.2

Adrien is too afraid to go into the locker room, it'll break his heart to have ignore Marinette to her face. After Saturday at the park, he's already responsible for enough of the pain she's in, he doesn't need to add any more to that.

However, as he's walking by to head home for lunch, he hears commotion from within the locker room and stands outside the door to listen. He puts his ear up to the door and hears Marinette and who he assumes must be... Luka? What was Luka doing at the school? He doesn't even go here. The conversation progresses and becomes louder and louder, until he hears Luka's final words to Marinette.

Hearing Luka say that Marinette deserves all of this pain and torture Lila is putting on her was the last straw for Adrien, how DARE Luka say those things to her! Adrien storms into the locker room, the door swinging open, and goes to stand behind Marinette. He glares Luka and says "that's enough Luka."

"Adrien?" Marinette says, finally realizing who is standing behind her. Luka rolls his eyes at Adrien, of course he was here. "Oh Adrien when will you learn?" Luka starts "she showed interest in you all this time and when you told her you loved her she ran away." Luka takes a step closer to Adrien and says "shouldn't you agree with me that Marinette deserves all this?"

This statement only adds fuel to Adrien's fire. At this point he is burning with anger. Adrien brushes past Marinette, grabs Luka by the collar of his shirt and slams his back into the nearest set of lockers. "ADRIEN WHAT'RE YOU DOING" Marinette yells after him, but he ignores her.

He grabs Luka by the front of his shirt again and puts a finger up to his face, "if you so much as come NEAR her again, you're going to see what happens, do you understand me?" He says to Luka. Luka scoffs at him "and what're you gonna do about it?" Luka says to him.

Adrien shoves Luka's back into the lockers again. "I said, do you understand me?" Adrien says in which Luka manages to stammer out a "y-yes" in response. Adrien let's go of Luka and walks out of the room, not looking at anyone of his way out. Where did that come from? He's never done anything like that before, it was so unlike him.

Back in the locker room, everyone stands there in silence, shocked. Everyone is trying to comprehend what just went down. Their eyes follow Adrien as he walks out of the room, and then all of their eyes turn back to Marinette once he leaves.

Alya is the first to speak up, "what the HELL just happened?!" She says. Chatter bursts among the rest of the students in the locker room. "I've never seen Adrien like that before" Nino says "you're sure that was our Adrien?" Kim responds. "I mean Luka kind of deserved that, what he said to Marinette was wrong" Nathaniel says "how could you say that Nathaniel?!" Juleka retorrs and goes to check on her brother and make sure he's ok.

Marinette is the only one who has yet to say anything. All she can do is stand there in shock, looking at the lockers in which Luka was just previously slammed into. She's trying to process what just happened. Adrien was standing up for her? He believed her? If he believed her then why has he been ignoring her?

Finally she gets a hold of herself, she needs to go after Adrien! She grabs her bag and runs out of the locker room, all of her classmates watching her as she does. She calls after him as she tries to catch up, "ADRIENNN!! WAIT!!"