(Chapter 16) Not so safe

I think I'm going to write it from Y/n's POV most of the time now, just because it's easier and I think people prefer it. :)

------------------

As we emerged the small, tidy shop, I gazed around the pristine room. The walls were a light teal colour and the interior was charming and well organized. Pfft, Levi must love this place.

Levi gave me a light nod, suggesting he was going to browse around. I separated to the other side of the room to a tall, white cabinet on the wall. It had small flower carvings lacing the handles and the inside was carefully dusted from corner to corner. Inside was a fragile display of decorative tea cups, painted and designed. I gazed at them for a moment. Admiring the talent the person must have to make these.

I walked around, looking at the jars full of small herbs on shelfs going all the round the room. They were labelled and put in order of quantity.

I walked over to Levi who was carefully studying some herbs, peering at them sceptically and smelling them. I lightly chuckled at the sight of him being so paranoid and stood next to him. He frowned at me.

"They've run out of my favourite." He said placing the jar back, neatly in place.

"What's your favourite?" I asked curiously. I didn't even know Levi had 'favourite' things, good to know he isn't completely disappointed in everything.

"Red lemon."

"Is that even a thing?" I asked, crossing my arms, seeing if he was mocking me.

"They're not actually red, idiot." He said, putting his hands in his coat pockets.

I frowned sarcastically and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"So you come here often?" I asked, peering around the shop.

"Once in a while." He said before walking to the door, motioning for me to follow. He closed the door and we stepped out into the busy streets once again. Levi looked around the city for a moment and then turning his intense gaze to me.

"We should eat something." He said, while we walked around, looking for a suitable café.

As we were walking, I heard some muffled voices near me. A few older men were creepily observing me and talking amongst themselves, laughing and drinking a couple beers. I ignored them best I could, not paying them much attention. It didn't look like Levi had noticed, so I just kept walking with him.

We reached a small bakery, Levi opened the door for me and we both walked in. There was a kind-looking lady reading a book at the front and a few people around, either browsing or sitting at the tables outside, eating. Levi turned to me.

"Pick something you'd like, I'm paying" He said, gesturing to the baked goods at the front

"Oh no that's ok, I can pay." I said, taking out my purse.

"No." He said, cautiously inspecting some fresh bread.

"Levi." I said annoyed, tilting my head slightly.

"No, pick something." He said seriously, looking at the different flavoured muffins.

I didn't have the energy to protest, arguing with him would be pointless, he's more stubborn than me. Which I didn't mind, It would be annoying if he just went along with everything I said, so I guess his stubbornness is part of the reason I like him.

I wonder what he sees in me? An overwhelming insecurity fell on me and I quickly shook off the deep thought and focused on the delicious food in front.