(Chapter 18) Betrayal

Should I make the chapters longer? I feel like I'm making them too short but if people want them longer it'll take longer to write and proofread. Anyways enjoy-

-------------

I slowly opened my eyes to see Levi sleeping peacefully beside me. His hair was messy and in his eyes. He looked so innocent when he slept, like he had no care in the world. It was nice to see once in a while, since he never really had time to relax. I quietly watched him for a minute as his gentle breath blew the small strands of hair on his face.

"Stop staring." He suddenly said. I guess he wasn't asleep.

He startled me for a second before I tucked some hair behind my ear and got out of bed.

"I wasn't." I said, putting my clothes on.

"Tch, brat." He mumbled sleepily before getting up and stretching,

I pulled a shirt over my head and quickly put on some shorts. Levi walked over to his wardrobe and took out some neatly folded clothes and set them aside.

"I'll see you later." I said, picking up some of my things and kissing him on the cheek.

He grabbed my arm and turned me around, pulling me into a deep kiss.

"Last night was fun." He said parting from my lips and smirking. He gently brushed a few strands of hair from my face and held my chin.

"Now go take a shower, you're gross." He said plainly.

"Pfft asshole." I said before pushing him and storming out of his office door.

-

I looked around to make sure the halls were empty, before quickly walking to the girl's showers.

I was the only one in there so I set my clothes aside and turned on the hot shower. I washed my face and hair thoroughly. Sasha said I could borrow her shampoo, which was a small, purple bottle covered in flowers. I gulped and smelt the weird pink liquid in my palms. It smelt like vanilla and roses. Which I guess isn't bad but it was very strong. People could smell me from miles away if I wore too much of this stuff. I put a small amount in my hair and scrubbed the questionable product in my hair.

I rinsed my hair and put the bottle back. I finished having a shower and wrapped myself in a grey towel. I collected my things and went to my room.

-

I walked through the door to my room. It was empty, Mikasa was probably already in the mess hall for breakfast with the others. She seemed distant lately. She often avoided me in the halls or seeing me in general. I wondered if I'd done something. She wasn't the type to just randomly start ghosting me without a good reason. I looked at her empty, ready-made bed before leaving my heavy thoughts and set my things down on a side table.

I got some fresh clothes out of the wardrobe and took out some clean gear to get changed. I dried my hair with the towel and brushed through it.

I tidied up a few things and put my shoes on.

I glanced at my reflection in the mirror in the wardrobe. Hm . . . I looked hotter than usual.

I tied my lases before walking out and closing the door.

-

I walked down to the mess hall. On the way, I was thinking about how everyone was acting weirder than usual.

I mean Mikasa was and still is avoiding me, still don't know what that's about. I hadn't talked to Eren in almost a week. Maybe he was avoiding me too? Armin, Sasha and Connie seemed quieter than usual and that creep Luke is . . . well . . . definitely the weirdest.