(Chapter 28 finale) Its complicated

-The next day-

5pm

I had slept for hours in the infirmary bed. I remembered that I had been taken care of by doctors for most of the night and I was dosed up on pills to prevent the pain from my wound. I had a tight bandage wrapping around my waist and I was in a pale infirmary gown.

My eyes slowly flickered open as the light evening sun shone through the curtains. I briefly looked around before my eyes fixated to the person beside me. It was Armin. He was fast asleep.

"Armin?" I asked, gently tapping his shoulder.

"U- wha-? Oh Y/n! You're awake, about time, you've slept for longer than a day." He said positively.

"What happened?" I said as I felt a scorching headache start to grow.

"You really don't remember? Can't blame you, you were out good."

"I remember we were at the ball, I was dancing.. with Levi and then .. Luke came. From there it's a bit blurry." I said honestly.

"Yeah, he yelled at you and Levi, mainly about what happened a few months ago. Then he pulled out a gun and threatened to shoot the captain. He accidentally shot you instead." Armin said, recalling the unfortunate events.

"Wh- where is ... Levi?" I asked. I wanted to know, I wanted to see him.

"He's with commander Erwin, at the court."

"The court?" I said confused.

"Yeah, they're discussing what to do with Luke. He's charged for treason and attempted murder. He's not in good shape though, If Erwin hadn't of held him off, Levi would've tore him apart once you were taken to the infirmary."

"Well, shouldn't I be there? At the courthouse?" I said.

"They've claimed you unable to attend since your in no condition to travel to the court and back.
Also, if you don't mind me asking... what's.. going on between you and Levi? He obviously ... really cares about you."

I had waited some time for someone to ask this inevitable question. At this point, I just had to say it.

"I love him."

Armin's eyes widened.

"And he loves me."

"Really?! I knew there was something between you too!" He said cheerfully.

I chuckled which hurt a little on my waist.

"You should rest up. The others will want to see you better!" He said, resting his hand on my shoulder and then getting up to leave.

He reached the door and turned to me.

"I hope you know how much everyone loves you Y/n." He said heart fully.

My heart sunk. If I wasn't high in pain killers I would've cried right then and there. I smiled and nodded as he left and gently closed the door behind him.

I leant back into the infirmary bed and slept for the rest of the afternoon.

8:00 pm

"He deserved worse."

"His sentence was the mandatory option. It was what the court decided collectively."