Chapter 03

No one's pov

After rescuing Mio and Maria from the demons, Meliodas and Basara took them both home and currently Meliodas, Basara and Maria are sitting at the table as Mio went to take a bath.

Maria: Why did you save us?

Meliodas and Basara didnt say anything and Meliodas gave her a glasses of ice tea and she started drinking it.

Meliodas: Not afraid of drinking it?

Maria: I dont think you would go through the trouble of saving us from those demonic beast and bring us home only to poison us. Besides when you both learned that we deceived you, you were genuinely angry with us. Why did you two, two members of the Hero clan, decide to save us.

Basara: We heard from my father.

Maria looked surprised.

Maria: From Jin huh?

Meliodas: He told us about the situation you're in.

Maria: He did? So Jin knew everything...that man sure is the worst.

Basara: Well, we wont argue about that. We're the same as my father.

Meliodas: We'll protect who we want to protect, and we wont leave someone to die when we know the circumstances. Besides she innocent.

Maria: But earlier, you said that the Hero clan was watching us...

Basara: Right now, we dont have any relation with the village. We're just ordinarily humans, well my and I are.

Maria: Then what are you Meliodas?

Meliodas: *sighs* I'm a demon.

Maria was shocked and instantly got into a battle stance.

Maria: Grrr, so you tricked me!

Meliodas: No, not really, now calm down and let me explain myself.

Maria: And why should I trust you!?

Meliodas: Cause if I wanted to go after Mio dont you think I would have done the moment my dad left?

Maria hesitated but then calmed down.

Maria: Start talking.

Meliodas: It would help explain things better if I just showed you my memories

Meliodas then walked towards Maria and touched her forehead and showed her his past, after a few seconds he then took off his finger off.

Meliodas POV

Once I was finished showing her my memories, I notice tears swelling up in her, so my brotherly instincts kicked in and i instantly hugged her.

Meliodas: Hey what wrong?

Maria:*crying* I'm sorry, I'm so sorry you had to go through all that big brother.

Meliodas: *smile* Hey it okay, I'm alright.

I then explained to her what happened in my previous life and boy was she shocked and angry, her anger was mostly directed to my father. I showed her my demon forms which scared her but I reasured her that it was okay.

Maria: I still cant believe how powerful you are my lord, judging by your power I have to say you are even more power than Lord Wilbert was.

Meliodas: Yeah, dad said the same thing, hey wait did you just call me my lord.

Maria: Yes, I mean you were the demon king in your previous life, so it only right to call your that.

I then forehead flicked Maria

Maria: Owwww, what was that for my lord?

Meliodas: Look I'm no demon king I'm just Meliodas, and I'm also your older brother, so drop the lord and call me either onii-chan or Meliodas, okay.

Maria: Okay, got it!

Meliodas: *smiles and kisses Maria forehead* I know this is sudden but please know that I love you sis.

Maria: *blushing*

Basara: Oh is Mio alright?

Maria: Huh, oh yeah, Mio always takes long baths. I just hope that is enough for her to calm down.

Maria then got up and walked toward the door.

Meliodas: Maria?

Maria: We have to put our belongings back in place...I guess we're going back to being your little sisters again.

Maria then left and Meliodas and Basara just sighed.

Timeskip

After talking with Maria, both Meliodas and Basara walked to the bathroom and they knocked on the door.

Basara: Mio, you got a minute? We just wanted to say something.

Mio: W-Why are you both apologizing?

Basara: We didnt know about your situation and I got mad, we're really sorry.

Mio: B-But that...

Suddenly, they both heard something fall and they both looked at each other confused.

Meliodas: Mio?

Basara: Is everything okay?

Mio didnt answer and they both looked at each other.

Basara: Mio, we're opening the door.

They both opened the door and saw mio had fainted on the floor.

Basara: Mio! Hey!

Meliodas: You okay?

Mio: I-I'm fine...

Basara: Dont bathe so long you'll get dizzy. Here can you stand?

Mio smacked Basara's hand away.

Mio: Why would you both apologize? We deceived you.

Meliodas: Well, we hid the fact, that we belonged to the Hero clan and that I'm also a demon, so that makes us even right?

Mio: You're a demon?!

Meliodas: Yip, hold on a sec. *taps Mio forehead with his finger and after a few seconds removes it* Now you know.

Mio: *frightened*

Meliodas: Hey it's okay. *explain his previous life*

Mio: *tearing up and hugs Meliodas* I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry.

Meliodas: Hey it alright, you dont have to apologize. *Pat's Mio head*

Basara: With your demon powers, there were plenty of faster ways to do that. Instead, you tried to manipulate our memories so we'd leave unharmed.

Meliodas: Though to be honest I never was under your spell.

Mio: Huh?! You weren't?

Meliodas: Nope.

Mio: We did it because we didnt want you 3 involved.

Meliodas: We understood that too.

Basara: That was a performance to protect us, right? There's no need to do that sort of thing. Me, Meliodas and my father, we've all decided to protect you.

Mio: What are you saying-

Basara then held Mio's hand and helped her up.

Basara: We're a family now.

Mio: But we told you the remarriage was all a lie!

Basara patted Mio on the head.

Basara: If you want to live with someone and protect them, then they're already family arent they?

Mio looked at both of them surprised and blushed at Basara and then they heard Maria at the door.