Senior year (Part 1)

Gabe's POV
It has been roughly four years since I fell in front of Nathan's neighbor. A lot of things have changed since then. Now Nathan does not talk to me. In fact, it has been years since I last saw him! Today was the day I was going to see him! I decided to go with James, he was the only one who could help me to not stumble. I text James.

J - James
G - Gabe
G Hey James ready for action?
                 Wait, your finally telling her?!? Worst day of my life! J
G What?!? No!

The truth is I like Nathan's neighbor," And so does James and so does Nathan.When I fell and so she was watching, my heart skipped a beat. She was the prettiest thing ever! My life was ruined! Well at least I thought it was! But now I am seeing Nathan and that is what matters.

Your POV
I went over to Gabe's house . I have not seen him for two months! I don't know why he has not been going to school. My only guess was he wanted more family time. But then I remembered his parents moved when he hit his head. And I remember he has been living with James. On my way to James' house I ran into Cedrick and Jordan. They seemed like they were nuts over me, but I just shrugged it off. When I arrived Gabe opened the door before I could manage to ring the doorbell. He was on his phone and he crashed right into me. Clumsy ol Gabe! "Hey Y/N", he said. He looked me right in the eyes. He looked so scared. "Why are you scared", I asked."I'm not scared", He replied. He was a 100% scared of something. Then he gets a text from someone. I stand on my tippy-toes and I could make out a couple of words.

G - Gabe
J - James

            J
                 Hey Gabe I see her in front of you, make a move already! I give in.

G James stop it what if she sees my phone!

           J
           Well , Jeez you don't have to be so rude about it!

He got off the phone. Now that I think about it, it all makes since. He was scared of being in front of me because he liked me! "So where you going", I asked him trying to make some small talk. "To Nathan's house", as he said this fear struck my face. "What is wrong", he asked me. "Um... so I brought you up in a conversation with Nathan and he said 'I don't ever want to see him again', and then he started crying and left.". After I said that Gabe's eyes were full of tears. "Wh - why does he n - not want to see m - me again", he said as well as he could while crying. "Well I think it has to do with when you fell, did he trip you?", I ask as softly as I could manage. "Y - yes he did do that. Do you think that is why?", he said calmer then he was before. All I could do was nod. Then he pushed right past me and ran like the wind. Well not really there was no wind today.

Nathan's POV
I wake up a little too early. Then my phone rings. I go to pick it up. I see it is Preston, my new friend in school. You see after Gabe fell l switched my classes. Preston was the best student and the teachers' pet. I pick up the phone and put it on speaker. "Hey Preston", I say. I hear a familiar voice from the other line say "Huh... who is Preston. I am James.". My life was crashing right before my eyes. "JAMES HOW DID YOU GET PRESTON'S PHONE!?!". " Well he gave it
To me so I could.." He cuts off for a sec then I hear a scream that sounds some what familiar. "JAMES HELP", Gabe that is the scream's source, Gabe. A picture of him lying unconscious on the floor crossed my mind. I hate seeing that picture. I hear a crash from pots, then I hear "alright James who did you call? Nathan. Why couldn't you do this on your phone". It was a mixture of Preston and James' voices. I couldn't help but laugh at Preston's comment. "Nathan who are you laughing at"? He didn't seem mad. "I was.." James cut me off. "If I called him on my phone he would either not pick up or worse, block my number." Preston took this into thought "Why not?", he said. "NATHAN YOU NEVER TOLD HIM!!!", James yelled at me, I felt a chill go down my spine. Then I hear a familiar voice in the background. Y/N at James' house? But wait I hear someone else. Gabe. "NATHAN DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT TELL HIM WHAT YOU DID!?!", James said as loud, sincerely, and angrily he could. "no...", I whisper. "I was going to but...". "NATHAN HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL HIM. YOU NEED TO TELL HIM WHY YOU ARE IN HIS CLASS. I KNOW HE IS OLDER THAN YOU", James screamed. "Wait I am older than you Nathan?", Preston asks, All I could do was say yes and explain what had happened. It took nearly ten minutes for him to understand. I was expecting him to say that we could not be friends anymore but what he said hurt just as bad. "Nathan you are the worst friend in the history of the world! If I did that to someone I would go to see them everyday! NOT, block them out for eternity!", he said this and hung up. What is wrong with me?

Your POV
Gabe trips and hurts his knee. He gives up and comes back. Head down, he invites me to come inside. I agree to. "Are you hungry?", he asks. I nod. He runs to the kitchen. I follow him. He takes out some bacon and shows me. "Want this?", he says. I nod my head. Who could say no to bacon? He sets it up and starts cooking. Then I hear a scream. James. Gabe then trips. "JAMES HELP", he says. And I realize what it was he tripped over. We need help, and we need it fast.

"Is that a....

Poisonous...

Snake?", I say. He nods. "Uh-oh"

Chapter 2 Part 1
Word count 1080