Tuesday

It was two days after Easter. (Technically it is Thursday and so it is four but whatever.) I woke up as usual and get a text from Gabe. I go to the room Gabe and James shared. Only James was there sound asleep. I pick up my phone and to my surprise it didn't say anything about Gabe being kidnapped. Phew.

G Meet me at Starbucks.

P Sure. Why?

G Come now. Explain later.

P I still want to know why.

G It an emergency come on, now!

P Ok

I run to Starbucks and grab my wallet and keys. It was a two minute run. When getting there I see Gabe sitting on the sidewalk, holding his head as if in pain. "Hi, Gabe. What's up", I say. "Y/N has been a little weird around me.", Gabe says. "How?", I ask, concerned. "As if she likes me.", he said. "This is the emergency?", I almost yell. "Call me when your break your leg", I say. It just bolted out of my mouth. Gabe started crying. "I - I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that!", I say. "Leave me alone", Gabe said. I touch his shoulder trying to comfort him, but he just pulls away from me. He was crying so much now, that he might flood the whole city. "Please forgive me!", I say. I touch his shoulder again. He flinched, like when I touched it he was in pain. I pull up his arm sleeve. (Although it was very short, cause it was a short sleeve shirt.) I say a wound. "Where did you get that?", I ask. "Leave me alone! You obviously don't care!", he yelled at me won't ears falling down his face.I hug him. He comes down a little. Ever since we met, we had a little sign for each other. If one of us hugged the other, it meant we were trying to be at peace. "So where did you get that cut?", I ask again. "J - James", Gabe replied. "What!?!", I yell. People start staring. I forgot we were in public. "What happened", I say much more innocently (sounding less like I was going to kill someone :) ) "He cut me with a knife. It was by accident though, really! I mean it doesn't hurt.", he replies. "Yeah right", I mumble. Gabe gives me the "death" stare. I hug him. "So what happened with Y/N?", I ask. He tells me that Y/N was flirting with him. Not much, but still flirting. The truth is I loved Y/N, so this broke my heart. Still I stayed supportive and told him some advice. "See you around G - dog", I said. "Huh?", Gabe said. I never really called him that. "G - dog. Gabe - dog.", I say. It takes him a moment to process this. "Oh, see ya P - dog", he said. I smirked happy with what I had just done. I put out my fist for a fist bump. He fist bumps me and I leave. As I leave though, I see the poor soul in Gabe's body. Loved by a lot. Hated by little. But one that hates him, is himself.

He had a tough year. "Say, would like me to get you something?", I ask. Gabe shakes his head. "Okay", I say. Normally I do what people say, but I felt so bad that I bought him a coffee. "Here you go", I say. By now he was starting to walk. He turned around. "Preston, I told you not to!!!", Gabe yelled at me. "I don't care. And besides, don't you remember what you said that day?", I ask. He shakes his head. "You said 'For someone's troubles, give. For someone's hatred, love. For someone's hope, support.' Gabe that will continue on as my life directions. Your inspirational, your handsome, and best of all, your you.", I say. I don't know where that came from. Gabe looked at his feet. "Yeah, but co-", he starts. "No buts Gabe. Come on you know you want this", I say. He shakes his head. But instead of just leaving, I shove the coffee into his hands. Pushing him over. "Sorry!", I say. "It's okay. It was an accident", he replied, rather quickly. I help him up. He moved his leg rather odd. "You okay?", I ask. He sees that I was looking at his leg. "Just scraped it, that's it", he replied. I nod. He was being pretty suspicious. I left, for real now. But he kept following me. When he finally caught up to me, he mumbled "Can you give me one more hug". Which to me sounded just like the good old days. I stop and nod my head. I turn around and hug him. He said, "Thank you for everything". And all I could do was smile and wave. And I felt guilty for this, but I left him there sitting on the sidewalk.

Y/N's POV
I was so mad at myself. I flirted with my friend. Well, I've always wanted him to be more than my friend. Boyfriend maybe? The thought of having Gabe as my boyfriend killed me. Surely he would not want to be my boyfriend after I randomly flirt with him. I felt like punching myself. And I almost did when, Gabe walked in on me and stopped me. "Why are you hitting yourself? You are a beautiful woman that deserves no worse than I do", he said. I secretly ping myself to see if I am dreaming, but I wasn't. "I flirted with you I am a horrible person", I say to him. "It is fine that you flirted with me. All is forgiven.", Gabe replies. He really was super nice, the nicest they come, in fact. I hug him, I couldn't help myself. He hugs back. We stare into each other's eyes. He was so handsome. I didn't want to look away.

Gabe's POV
Her eyes was as fierce as fire. She was so pretty. She looked up at me. I looked  down at her. I was only a few inches taller, but tall enough that she had to look up. I wanted to kiss her, but I didn't know what she would think of it. I sort of hinted it by doing something with my lips (don't ask me what). She nodded and so w did it for two seconds but we did it. It felt right. I loved her and now I knew she loved me. I almost fainted from the beauty of the kiss. Instead though, I fall to my knees. She kneels on the floor next to me. "You okay?", she asks. I nod. I sit down. And my stomach rumbles, so does hers. I look into her eyes, she looks into mine. "Wanna go on a date?", I ask. She nods, "of course", she says. I take her to a great restaurant. I knew the other men would be jealous, so when she was using the bathroom, I took out my phone and texting them all, that I went on a date with Y/N. Some replies were supportive and others were just plain old rude. I can't wait for Y/N to become my girlfriend.

Chapter: 12
Word Count: 1212