Chapter 3

Chuuya didn't age up until a full week later, and while watching the Chibi, shenanigans ensued. Dazai could successfully say that he never wanted a child. Ever.

Kouyou didn't linger for too long, speaking with Kunikida in hushed tones, probably giving him harsh instructions by the way he was nodding along.

Apparently the bags were little Chuuya's supplies, when Dazai took a peek into one of them he saw multiple onesies. Perfect, he would choose the cheesy teal one to dress him with for his first 'embarrassing the Chibi photo shoot.'

Dazai stayed sitting at the couch, attempting to get the confused toddler to roll around like the little dog he was until the two returned.

Kouyou knelt down to one knee, a sad look in her eyes as she held her arms out. Chuuya brightened instantly, jumping into her arms so she could embrace him. After a minute she pulled away, smiling fondly down at him.

"I'll be gone for a little while, but these people are going to be watching you."

A frown stretched over little Chuuya's face "leave me?"

Kouyou brushed a strand of red hair from his face "I'm going somewhere you can't go, so I need you to be good for them."

Chuuya's bottom lip wobbled, but he nodded anyway.

Kouyou chuckled, kissing his forehead before returning to her feet. "Good, I will return to you later."

Dazai could sniff out the lie, but whatever made the Chibi less whiny, he wasn't complaining.

As soon as Kouyou made her grand escape, away from the vile charms of the little Chibi, tears welled up in his light eyes, spilling down his cheeks.

"No no no" Dazai took Kouyou's place, trying to wipe the tears away. "None of that, we can't have you with red eyes we have a photoshoot later-"

Chuuya sniffled before crying out for Kouyou so loudly that there was no doubt the whole block heard.

Dazai wanted to cry too.

Dazai tried and failed to shush the child before a headache could attack him (It may be too late for that.) but it was all in vain, because when Dazai tried to make a funny face, Chuuya only cried harder, his face becoming flushed and tear streaked.

The other agency members started to collect in front of the office door, curiously eyeing the situation. Yosano pushed past the crowd, grinding her teeth as she stomped into the room. "Is Dazai crying again-"

She stopped in her tracks, slowly putting her accusing hand down when she noticed the child. "You have a lot to explain."

Dazai was too busy poking at the Chibi's cheeks to respond to the agency's doctor.

Kunikida seemed to have finally snapped, grumbling as he pushed Dazai out of the way to replace him.

Dazai whined from the ground but only watched as Kunikida adjusted his glasses before pulling out his notebook. Chuuya's tears halted briefly, a few stray sniffles escaping as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What's your favorite animal?" Kunikida asked, looking up from his notebook briefly to read the child's expression.

Chuuya hiccuped, but when Kunikida nodded in encouragement he spoke. "A-a sheep?"

Dazai wanted to laugh, he really did, but since he was such a nice person he held it in. Well, mostly because he didn't want to miss that wondrous joy that filled little Chibi's eyes as a plush sheep was produced from the notebook with a bright flash.

The sheep was placed in his open arms as he nuzzled his face into it.

Totally not cute. Not cute at all.