Chapter 9: Facing Facts

Preston's POV.

She woke up and quickly got off my shoulder. She did not notice that I saw she was up. She was so peaceful, as I was not Matt was probably speeding and was frickin me out. She saw me and I want to grab her hand. But once again I could not. She grabbed the door as we stop and rushed out the car.

Tina's POV.

I ran inside and looked around for Mitch. "Slow down or your going to run someone over. Besides me." I heard a familiar voice, but it was not any of the guys. Then it hit me like a truck. I turned around and saw Kolby, me and Jaci's best friend. "How did you know and get here?" I said.

"The word spreads fast you know."

"No really how."

"A weird guy called me on Jaci's phone."

"Mitch, his name is Mitch."

"He said is this Jaci's brother she is in the hospital."

"She still has you marked as big bro." I said then gave him a hug. Its weird that Mitch went through Jaci's phone, but probably just the contacts but still weird. "Uh um." I heard Preston say behind me. "O, Kolby this is Preston my bo...friend. Preston this is Kolby my...um" I stuttered. "Brother I am her brother nice to meet you." Kolby said backing me up. That was very okweird, very. I did not know what to call Preston and I forgot Matt. "So I am chop liver." I heard Matt say. "Sorry and that Matt my friend, well more like bro." I said. Sorry Preston your more that a bro and you know.

Preston's POV.

Sweet another guy friend of her's. I did not worry much about us, but I did. Ever since I kiss her, thing just have not been the same. Then a nurse asked if Kolby wanted to see Jaci. Tina ask if she could to and they both went on. I asked about Lachlan and the nurse said he was in the room third down the hall to the right. We walked to the room and the door was open Mitch and Rob were in there. "Hey guys." Lachlan's voice was faint. "Hey little lachy." I said. He smiled and lay back down. "We still don't know what happened." I asked Mitch. "They say it was a car crash. But Jaci got most the impact." He told me and that was I was afraid off.

Tina's POV.

"She does not look good she might have to go home." Doctor. Herry said. "So she will transferred to the hospital in Dallas." I asked so me and Kolby both know what to do. "No but she needs to be home. In her own houes, with her normal doctor doing weekly check ups." Said the doctor. So I knew what I had to do. I had to face the facts she need to go home. So I told Preston. "I have to go home with her, but here you can call me when ever." I gave him paper with my number. He gave me a hug and walk outside with me. "I can get you and jaci bags packed so you both can just leave." He asked. "Well I can pack Jaci's stuff and you can pack mine it would be a lot of help." I told him. We walked back inside and got the keys from Matt. We drove there in silence. We packed up and loaded the car. Still not talking. When we got back Jaci and Kolby were waiting for us. Lachlan was up and walking and said good bye to Jaci with a kiss.

Preston's POV.

So this is it the last chance to ask her out. But I had no time. She was leaving to go home. So I did the impossible and kissed her when know one was looking. She look at me and waved bye and boarded the plane. I had a weird drive home, well to her truck. Kobly drove her truck to Dallas. "Hey kolby, how long does it take to get to Dallas?" I asked to break the quite. "If you stop and get food/rest at least two days. Why?" He said confused.

"Well can I go with you then?"

"Why do you want to go to Dallas? Do you have a thing for Jaci?"

"No Lachlan is Jaci's boyfriend and I just want to see my...umm...sister."

"Ok?"

"Just follow me to my house so I can drop off the car."

"Sure thing." He said before we left to my house. It's been an hour and I miss her. I hope this will work and I can see her.