13.

the five royal guards and the palace blacksmith had just started their journey

the five royal guards and the palace blacksmith had just started their journey. all six of them were on their horses while being led by their general.

"general~ how far is Eleftheria?" jiang whined.

"if you don't stop whining i'm going to throw you off your horse." xiaomei said with no remorse. jiang pouted at her harsh words and diverted his gaze to the tall trees.

xiaomei noticed that yukhei caught up to her so taking the chance she had, she decided to ask about the mask.

"who asked for the mask?"

"i didn't see her face because she covered it but by a few things, i could tell it was a female. she wanted something elegant and graceful." xiaomei frowned at the short response but left it aside.

minutes had passed and they were still nowhere close to being at Eleftheria. The sky began to lose it's glow and got darker. while some of them thought nothing of it, the others grew paranoid at any possible outcome.

"general.." caihong muttered out quietly.

"if you're gonna ask if we're close then-"

"n-no..there's someone in a tree pointing an arrow at you..." jiang's statement made xiaomei come to a stop. her horse abruptly stopped and everyone else behind also stopped.

she glanced up at all the trees and scanned every single one of them.

"found him." those two words, they all pulled out a sword from their scabbard.

"yukhei you stay here and watch the horses. everyone else will find anyone who's in our way and show no mercy unless told, understand?"

"yes general!"

xiaomei nodded her head before the other four ran off to close by trees. she turned around to face yukhei with fierce eyes.

"do you have a sword with you?" her question made yukhei immediately nod his head.

"if needed, use it as protection for yourself and the horses." yukhei nods his head with a smile.

xiaomei began to run further into the distance, running into the direction of the unknown man. she stood at the bottom of the tree with a tight grip around her sword handle.

the unknown man smirked and jumped down from the tree. with his bow and arrow in hand, he held it tight by the side of his body.

"li xiaomei, a pleasure to meet you." he stepped towards xiaomei with a large smirk across his face.

"oh it's always a pleasure to meet me." xiaomei raised her sword slightly and pointed it at him.

a low chuckle escaped his mouth as he continued to walk forward. his black orbs were digging into xiaomei's brown ones. the smirk that plastered on his face gave her chills as she remembered things she wished she didn't.