43.

and soon as xiaomei watched her chest stop, she let out a loud cry

she lost her parents, all of them. she swore to protect her mother now that they had met, and even then she still failed. she had a second chance and she failed within a week.

"sheng liqin," xiaomei rose from the ground. she turned to liqin with deadly eyes. even if they were bloodshot, the emotions in her eyes were still evident and clear.

anger, pain, vengeance, betrayal, the urge to kill - it was all clear in her eyes.

"i'll kill you, i swear on my life i'll kill you." xiaomei didn't care if she was going to die, as long as she killed liqin.

this was the revenge she longed for. the person behind her mother's death, the person behind her kingdom's ambush.

she swore to avenge the hundreds of lives lost. she swore to avenge her mother who died.

"she died because of you, they both did. now i'll kill you." xiaomei stormed her way towards liqin, the grip on her sword getting stronger with every step of the way.

"i killed them, you think i won't kill you? your mother and father thought they were full of themselves but guess what? you know nothing about your parents, they died before you even matured." liqin raised his knife, pointing it at xiaomei.

"a sword is longer than a knife, remember that." xiaomei stood a meter away but even from there she was able to slash his wrist, resulting in liqin to drop the knife.

"you think you're so strong? you've have people working, fighting, living, for you. but me? i've fought my way here, i lived by myself after you killed my mother, i worked for my own rights." xiaomei kicked the knife away from liqin.

again, xiaomei slashed liqin's leg.

"you think you're so almighty but guess what? you're just an old man who relies on others to do the dirty work. you will never be twice as strong as me because unlike you, i worked my way here myself." xiaomei stood in front of the weaponless male, glaring at him with burning eyes.

"i may not be stronger than you, sure, but i was able to lead. i was able to kill a whole kingdom. i'm stronger than you think i am." liqin reached for his shoe within a split second, a small dagger being held in his hand.

"well if you're so strong, explain why i'm gonna kill you?" xiaomei smirked, fearlessly walking closer to the lunatic.

xiaomei lifted her arm from the side of her body, purposely dropping her sword.

"oops." xiaomei said while looking liqin straight in the eye. liqin scoffed at her actions, throwing his dagger behind him.

"wanna play with no weapons? fine, let's play." liqin took a step closer, wrapping his hand around xiaomei's neck.

only seconds passed but xiaomei's face began to get red. xiaomei stared at liqin with dull emotionless eyes, not bothered by the fact she was losing breath.

"what? not gonna fight back? too much of a coward?!" liqin pushed her to the ground. he kneeled beside her body with his hand getting tighter around her neck.

"i..have you..where i..wan..ted.." xiaomei muttered out. with her right hand, that was stretched out flat to her side, she grabbed onto her sword that she purposely dropped near her.

within a split second, xiaomei raised her right arm and stabbed liqin in the side.

after piercing her sword into his skin, she kneed the man - pushing him to the ground while she shot to her feet. standing up, she removed her sword from his side, only to push her sword into him again in his stomach.

"i've been waiting to kill you, did you know that?" xiaomei said. she pushed the sword deeper, watching as a small, single, tear fell from his eye.

"even if you killed a whole kingdom, you didn't kill me. i'm all you need to meet your nightmare. i play smart because i taught myself, you don't because you have people act for you. we're very different - i'm better." xiaomei smirked.

there was so much victory flowing through her, she had been waiting for this day since she was young and finally, the day had come.

"y-you're cr-razy.." liqin managed to cough out. xiaomei could only scoff and roll her eyes.

"thank yourself for that. you killed my mother and kingdom, you gave me the nightmares, and it only made my desire to kill you stronger. i basically grew up looking at dead bodies."

xiaomei pulled the sword out of his stomach, making all the blood rush out immediately.

"greet yan wang for me when you enter hell." xiaomei said with a sinister smile as his chest stopped rising.

victory.

she won, she finally won.

she got the revenge she always wanted, she avenged herself and her mothers.

she could finally live peacefully, fully knowing that she got her revenge.

SHE GOT REVENGEEE😙😌🥰😩✨✨✨

when I did this, i kinda imagined hwayoung when she killed junseo hehe

my babe xiaomei be speaking facts tho lowkey