21.

after a game of Go with the king, i had left his chamber and left to go back to my own room

after a game of Go with the king, i had left his chamber and left to go back to my own room. while on the way, i saw renjun walking with prince sicheng beside him.

"your highness," i bow at the prince who kindly returned my greeting with a smile. "if i may, i need to have a word with renjun for just a few." i asked politely while renjun looked at me with a face full of confusion.

"of course." sicheng replies with a smile before renjun leaves the prince's side and walks over to me. "what?" renjun asks.
"are you willing to come back with me to the temple? you, me and possibly prince kunhang; just like the old days." i smiled softly at renjun who seemed quite shocked at my request.
"you wanna do what now?" renjun's eyes bulged open as he heard the question that left the my mouth. i couldn't help but chuckle lightly at his reaction to the question. "well i just wondered if you wanted to come with me back to the temple of Tacenda because according to his majesty, there are a lot of things for me in there. wanna go tomorrow or the day after?"
"jiejie, i'm busy. the autumn festival is soon and the king wants some of us to do a sword dance performance for the festival, and of course, you're the lead of the performance; like how you used to be."

that's when i remembered, the autumn festival was nearing and there was always an annual sword dance that we did. of course it wasn't all of us that participated but usually the same people every time. every sword dance that we performed, i was always the lead/main person for some reason. i always questioned why it wasn't yongqin who was the lead and always me but it was only a mere question that didn't matter.

"i forgot about that..it's ok! you boys practice tomorrow, i'll ask kunhang if he wants to come and if not, i'll go by myself and teach myself the dance another time. who's teaching the dance this year?"
"king longwei is. he said it's a dance that was already performed nearly a decade ago so he wants us to perform the dance." renjun answered as a wind of confusion gushed into me.
"his majesty never takes charge of sword dances though? it's always huiliang ge that is in charge."
"well apparently his majesty wanted to be in charge of it this festival so he gave huiliang ge a break."

huiliang was a professional dancer so every autumn, he would come to Cressida and teach us a graceful dance for the festival; every year. it was odd to think that huiliang ge wasn't coming this year since we were all so used to it.

"that's..weird. well, you don't have to go, i'll ask kunhang." i smile to the boy before leaving and going back to my room. "oh, kunhang!" at the sight of hendery in the halls, i called out his name and ran towards him.

kunhang looks at me with a wide smile before throwing and arm around my shoulder and walking off. "what is it that you need to have you running after me?" he asked with a small smirk. "i was wondering if you wanted to come with me tomorrow to the temple of Tacenda. i need to find some things."
"sure but i'll have to inform my p-"
"they already know..well at least the king does. he wants me to go and possibly take you as well."  as kunhang was about to answer, a furious voice interupted him and caused both our eyes to turn.