Chapter 5

Hi Friends! Here it is, Clary and Jace's first date after seven years. What do you think? Does Jace feel love for Clary again? Does he really have a second chance at love? We will see what happens throughout their story. 

Jace

I was in the kitchen drinking water when I sensed someone by the door and I looked up to see Clary trying to sneak away and I called her. 

"Clary, can we talk for a minute?"

"Sure, what do you want to talk about?"

"First of all, I owe an apology for running away after I kissed you. So many thoughts came through my mind and I felt so confused. Honestly, I felt like I was betraying Isabeau, but she is not here. She is dead and is not ever going to come back. She made me promise her that I would go on with my life and be happy. She made me promise that I would go looking for you."

After our talk, I held her face and then I walked away and went to my room. I laid in my bed thinking of our talk and decided that tomorrow I will take her out to the restaurant in Williamsburg where we had our first date. I will make sure to call ahead for a reservation and make sure we get a nice table for two. I started to remember all of the time I spent with her, but the first night I made love to her came as clear as it was just happening right here on this bed. I remember running my hand through her smooth skin and how good she tasted when I kissed her. Could I possibly have that again? Well, I will not rush anything and just let everything fall where it may.  I fell into a deep sleep remembering the kiss at the greenhouse and how good she tasted on my lips. Yes, I think that I might be lucky and have a second chance at love. Morning came with the light shining in my eyes. I got up and jumped in the shower. I was planning on training Stevie today but not before I make a reservation at the restaurant and asked Clary to go with me to dinner. I got out of the shower and got dressed and went to see if Stevie was up and found his room empty. I walked into the kitchen and was surprised to see Clary had already made him breakfast and the two of them were talking. He looked up and saw me and ran to me to give me a big hug.

"Good morning, daddy. You were still asleep so I came into the kitchen to get some cereal but Clary was up and she made me pancakes."

"I see that. Go back and finish your breakfast."

"Would you like some coffee, Jace, I just made a fresh pot."

"Thanks, I would like some. So what have you two been talking about ?"

"Clary was telling me about all the demon hunting you went on together and how you helped her save the world."

"Actually, Clary was the real hero in that story. I just helped her."

"Oh, daddy. She already told me you were a hero too. You do not need to be modest."

"Well, baby boy, if you say so."

"I am going to change so we can train, I will see you in a few minutes, dad."

"I will meet you in the training room."

"Are you already training him at six years old?"

"Actually, he has been training since three. You have to see it for yourself. He gives me a run for my money. I know he will surpass me by that time he is seventeen."

"Wow, somebody better than Jace Herondale?"

"Only because he is my son and a Herondale."

"That is right and I am sure you are  a proud dad."

"Yes, I have to admit that I am. Hey Clary, I want to ask you something. I hope I do not seem to forward asking, but will you go out to Williamsburg to have dinner with me? I made a reservation at that restaurant where we had our first date."

"Oh that would be great! Of course I will go out to dinner with you!"

"Great, I made reservation for six. I will pick you up at your room, is that okay with you?"

"Great! I will be ready by five."

"I will see you later. I have to get to Stevie."

I walked out to meet Stevie in the training room. My heart is beating so hard that if feels like it is ready to crash out of my chest.  Gosh I am not seventeen anymore but that is how I feel right now. I asked Clary to go to dinner with me tonight and she said yes. Why is my heart beating like this? Why is my mind rolling with all the old memories again? I am just going to train with Stevie and get my mind away from Clary and the old memories.

Clary

My heart is ready to burst out of my chest. Jace just asked me to go to dinner to Williamsburg where we had our first date. I was walking towards my room lost in my thoughts and ran straight into Izzy.

"Izzy, I am so sorry. I was lost in my thoughts and did not watch where I was going."

"What were you thinking about that you were so lost in your thoughts? Please tell me."

"Let's go to my room and talk."

We walked towards my room and I locked the door behind me. I started pacing back and forth until Izzy grabbed my by my shoulders and made me stand still.

"Now tell me what is on your mind that has you so crazy."

"Jace apologized to me for running away from me last night. He said he was confused and felt like he was betraying Isabeau, but he knows she is gone and he needs to go on with his life. Then this morning he asked to take me to dinner to the restaurant where we had our first official date."

"He did it! Jace asked you out on a date. I told him that he does have a second chance at love and that he could take it if he really wants it. What did you say to this?"

"Yes, of course. Izzy, I have never stopped loving your brother. All these years I have been  hoping that someday, I would be with Jace again. And now that it has happened, I am not going to let anything stop me. So when he asked me to go to dinner tonight, I jumped at the chance of making things right this time."

"This is going to be so exciting! Jace needs this because he has not been the same in over a year. Maybe now that you are here, he comes back to life again. Now do you have something really nice to wear? I will be doing your hair and makeup too."

"Izzy, I have been living in Paris for the last seven years, of course I have several dresses to pick from."

"Well let us go to your room right now and take a look at your dresses."

We went into my room and I pulled out the dresses out of my closet. I had a black, a blue, a red, and a green dress. I picked up the green one which was all lace with a light fabric underneath and form fitting and told Izzy that it is the one I am planning on wearing because I know that Jace always liked green on me because it brought out the green in my eyes.

"You know what, Clary, you won this one. This is a beautiful dress and I assume you have the shoes to match."

"Yes, I do. Paris is the best place for dresses and shoes after all."

"What time is the reservation for?"

"At six."

"Okay so we need to get you ready starting at two. This will give me time to do your hair and makeup."

"If you say so. right now I am going to train a little bit. I will see you later."

I walked out of the room and went to the training room to see if Jace was still training with Stevie.