Chapter 8

Clary

We talked some more catching up on what we have done these past years. Jace got the check and we call for a car and went back to the Institute. Jace went to tuck Stevie in bed and I went to my room to change. I hear a knock on my door and when I opened the door it was Jace. He asked me to come with him and we went to the roof so that we can talk some more. We sat on the ledge with our legs dangling and just looking at the city view. Next thing I know, Jace leans into me and kissed me. It started as a slow tender kiss and then finally he deepened the kiss. He ran his tongue along my bottom lip asking for me to part my lips. I parted my lips and he slid his tongue and started battling for control. He kissed me harder until he made me moan in his mouth. When he felt me moan, his body trembled. He started ending the kiss until we parted gasping for air. He held me in his arms and took a deep breath.

"By the angel Clary, I missed kissing so much. I really like kissing you. This feels so natural, like as if we never have been apart. Why does it feel like this?"

"It could be that you never have stopped loving me. You loved Isabeau, but like you said earlier, that was a different kind of love from the one we had. If I can get a little of what we had, I would be happy because that is more than I have had in almost eight years."

"So, does this mean that you will go out with me on a second date?"

"Of course, Jace. How many dates it will take."

Jace

We sat together quietly with her wrapped in my arms until the sun came up. We decided to go get a couple of hours sleep. A few hours later I was woken by my son jumping on the bed. I guess it was late and he was hungry. So, I sat up and grabbed him and tickled him until he surrendered, and I went and jumped into the shower. After I got dressed, I walked with Stevie to the kitchen and made him some pancakes, his favorite. He was looking at me when I sat across the table from him like he wanted to ask me something.

"So, dad did you have fun at dinner with Clary?"

"Yes, I did. We talked a lot about the things we did years ago before I met your mom."

"Do you still like her, then, you know like you liked mom?"

"I do not know yet. It has been years since we talked, so I guess we have to get to know each other again."

"So, does this mean you are going to dinner with her again?"

"Yes, in a matter of fact I am. Would you have a problem with that?"

"I know you miss mom, but she is gone, dad. I want you to be happy again. You have been smiling a lot since you saw Clary again. If she can make you smile, then I am okay with it."

"I am glad you feel like that because I did asked her on another date. I am thinking of taking her to a club we use to go to on Saturday night, if you do not mind staying with your grandmother and grandfather again."

"I like staying with them. We have a lot of fun."

"Then that is the plan for Saturday then. After you finish, you need to get to your rune class."

Clary

I woke up to a knock on my door. I looked at my clock and seen that it was still early so I figured it had to be Izzy. I yelled for her to come in. There was going to be a third degree interrogation coming that I might as well get over with."

"Good morning sleepy head. How was your date with Jace last night? I brought you a coffee so there is no excuse not to talk."

"You always think of everything when you want to interrogate your victim."