🩸 7 🩸

We organised for the little girl to retreat back inside the walls where she can be safe, the next day, we headed back out, "According to the girl vampires have a lair near the Omotesando station she says they're actually raising human children there." I read off my sheet of paper, "Question." Kimizuki says, "Mmhm?" I don't turn around, "What will we do with the civilians they've captured?" He asks, "We'll ignore them for now, they're not our priority for this mission." Shinoa says, "Good, as long as I get to kill bloodsuckers I'm good." Yuu grins, "Okay everyone, stay alert. If there's even a sign of armed vampires we're retreating." I say, "Argh! We're going to retreat again?!" Yuu stops, "This is it." I stand in front of the station escalators, "Even though you probably could fend off the vamps because of your black demon series gear, I still don't want any casualties so stick together. Listen, whatever you do, don't break formation." I turn around, "Yeah, yeah. At least you realise I can handle them on my own. That's enough for me." Yuu smirks, I smiled, "Well team, let's move out." I grinned.

"What is this?" Kimizuki looks around, we were underground in the station, children on the floor with dead looks in their eyes, I grabbed Yuu's sleeve, just the sight of those white uniforms was enough to trigger us, "Let's keep moving, we're going straight to B3. That's the floor the vampires should be on." Mitsu starts walking off, "If there's nothing guarding them why don't the captives escape?" Kimizuki looks at the children giving us dirty glares, "Because it's crawling with monsters outside." Mitsu butts in, "The vamps promised to protect them, it's the better of the two options." I say, "And in turn, they offer their blood?" Kimizuki says, "Those bloodsuckers won't get another drop from them." Yuu grips his sword.

We made our way down, we saw a cloaked vamp, "Hold everyone." Mitsu says, "All yours Yuu." I smirked, "Wait what?!" Mitsu looks at me, "Aw yes, finally!" Yuu leaps over the barricade and stabs the vampire, "How does it feel to be killed by your food? Burn in hell!" He slices through it and it turned to ashes, the rest of us jumped over, "What were you thinking!" Mitsu was about to slap my face, I grabbed her hand, "You need to stop acting so big, I'm your squad leader. I chose to allow Yuu to kill that vampire, I assessed the situation, he's waited four long years to finally do that. Give him some credit." I grabbed her arm and flung her over my shoulder, she was about to retaliate when I stabbed the vampire with my scythe that's blade was just about to come down on her, "You need to pay more attention Mitsu~" I turned towards her, she grits her teeth, "That's enough messing around, we've still got five more targets left." Mitsu stomps off, I shrug, "Let's go boys." I hooked my arm around Shinoa and the two of us followed her. 

We got to an open area in the station, we saw five vampires waiting, "Here we go." I materialised my scythe, everyone got their gear ready, suddenly the windows behind us shattered and three more vampires appeared, "Mitsuba!"  Yuu shouts as one of them grabs her neck, "How? Our intelligence." She gasps for air, "Your intelligence? Haha, and where do you think that came from?" He laughs, our eyes widen, the little girl, "You used her. An innocent little girl." She gasps for air, "Haha. Human beings are so disgusting. Threaten to drain the blood of those they care for most and they'll do anything you ask of them," He holds her neck tighter, Yuu holds his sword, "Don't attack, I'm as good as dead now. Retreat." She tries to pry his fingers off, "Why do I have to keep repeating what I say. No way am I leaving a comrade behind. I'm sorry but I have to disobey!" Yuu runs forward, we all broke out into a fight, "No! Save yourselves! Please don't. Not again." Mitsu cries, I saw Yuu get sliced, "Damn livestock." He was about to stab her but Yuu sliced him in half just in time, "What did you say about humans being disgusting? That we're scum and will turn on our friends and family? That we don't have a sense of pride? Well I guess you know us pretty well, what you said if true, humans will do anything to look after those we care about, we'll push ourselves to the brink, form contracts with demons and become devils ourselves. You might find it repulsive but I find that honourable. The disgusting one here is you." A marking appeared on Yuu's cheek, we all went back to back, "How, you really know how to rile them up." I didn't realise but marking started to slowly creep up my arm and cheeks, "Yeah, we can totally take these guys on, don't you think?" Kimizuki smirks, "Absolutely, as far as I can tell they're all armed with second class weapons." Shinoa nods, "But there seems to be a few more of them than us." Yoichi looks around, "We were outnumbered from the start. What do you say?" Yuu looks at Mitsu, "Stike hard, don't let a single one escape." Mitsu had an obvious blush on her cheeks.