🩸 13 🩸

Tears ran down Mika's cheeks as he kisses me back, "It's weird right, all of this, everything. Drinking your girlfriend's blood just to stay alive. It's not normal." He rubs the tears away, "Ah- since when was I your girlfriend? Creep?" I look at him as I sit in his lap, "Oh- I-" I giggle, "I'm only kidding, I'm not just waiting for that ring on my finger." I kiss his chin, he smiles and kisses my head, "I never thought I'd be a real vampire." He gently touches my lip as it was slowly throbbing with pain with the two poked holes from Mika's fangs, "Reminds me of something Guren said." I look down, "Guren?" Mika asks, "He was the one who apparently found us when we first escaped, Lieutenant Colonel, important guy. But get this, he's my big brother." I laugh, "He always told me to keep on living, even if it was just for revenge, to live for those I love, that someone who needed my help would appear and give me a new reason to exist. That's why I'm still alive, even when life felt pointless even when I thought no one needed me, I forced myself to get past each day, and I'm glad. Because I finally got to see you again." I smile, Mika teared up, "Let's make a promise, we'll survive together, even if it's painful sometimes, who cares if it's too difficult, I'll make myself one and we can endure it together. We'll get married and live peacefully, have kids. Mika, I want to live my life with you. Promise me you won't die on me again." I hold my pinky out, he cries, "Oh the irony, I kept on fighting because I thought you were the one who needed saving. But you're the strong one, maybe you have changed in some ways." He laughs, "What! I've always been the strong one!" I pout, "Says the one with iron deficiency." He teases and loops his pinky with mine, "Shut up." I huff and blush, I look up at him then the two of us started laughing and he held me tighter, tickling me, "You probably think I'm stronger now because of all the training Guren's helped me with." I finish laughing and wipe a tear that was forming, "You know this Guren guy, he's only using you." Mika warns, "I know, but at heart, he's still my big brother, I know he won't really hurt me. When he was taken away from me, I thought I'd never get to see him again, but when I joined the Moon Demon Company, when I saw his annoying, stupid face again, I knew everything would be alright. It was because of him, you and everyone else I didn't give up on life." I fiddle with his glove, "I'm nothing like those human bastards Kiki! I'd never manipulate you like they are!" He looks down at me, "You say that but you drank my blood," I pepper his jaw his kisses, "Well yeah..." He looks down, "I'm just messing with you. I don't care about the blood." I cup his cheek, "But I do need to ask you, what about my teammates? My squad? Please, come with me, okay." I hold my hand out to him as I stand up, "No wait! Hold on, what are you doing think about this." He stands up as he holds my hand, "You can't go back to those humans," He holds my waist tight to him, "With you by my side, I know I'll be alright." I go on my tip toes and kiss him.

We walked through the snow, "You brought me here, you must have some idea about what happened." I trudge through the snow as it crunched under my boots, "Would you please stop worrying about those humans and pay more attention to me?" He pleads, "I don't know what type of awful brainwashing they've put you through but I can't let you go back to the army. They're evil, they've been experimenting on you and I since we were kids." He says, "Mm, alright. Let's go bub." I drag his hand after me, "Why aren't you listening to me!" He pulls me back, "Don't be difficult, come on." I slide my hand out of his and keep walking, "Fine." He put his blade to my neck, "Did you really pull a sword on me?" I don't turn around, "I'll do whatever it takes to protect you." He says, "If that's the case then you should be helping me." I turn around and grip the tip of his blade and put it to my heart, "Kill me if you don't want me to go because I'd rather die than try to help those in need." I look at him, "You're such a hypocrite, you told me to survive even if by being a vampire-" "Mika." I interrupt him, "I won't let you go back to them. Just hear what I have to say-" His gaze hardened, "Stop! They're my family just like you are," I walk closer to him, "I don't love them the same way with you but I still care for them. Mika. Please." I stroke his arm, dragging it down to his sword and I took it out of his hands, "I think I've met the people you're talking about," He looks down, "You have! Tell me everything! Where have you seen them!" I drop his sword and hold onto him, he turns his head and doesn't look at me, "Hey, answer me." I move my head into his line of sight but he turns it around again, "Earlier, there was a girl with Yuu, she and her friends saved my life, she fought with a scythe," He says, "That's them! I told you they're good guys!" I jumped up and down, "We should go help them right!" I grin, he sheaths his sword, "Only your friends, the four of them and Yuu." He turns around, "That's my Mika!" I jump on his back and pepper his cheek with kisses, "Let's go, where do you think they are bub?" I drag him behind me, "I'm not sure but I do remember them saying something about an airport." He holds my hand tighter.

"I could've driven, I'm a great driver." I pout, "I thought you wanted the both of us to survive." He chuckles and he had his hand resting on my leg, "So. You wanted to talk?" I look at him, "Oh, right." He shifts the car into first gear, "The humans have ulterior motives, they're using you as experimentation for a project, the experiment will have far-reaching consequences and as a result, humans and vampires across the globe are targeting you." He says, "Humans and vampires? Wow, I had no idea I was so popular." I flip my hair off my shoulder with a smug grin, "This is serious, this is the same experiment that messed up the world, the reason all the adults died years ago. It almost made humans extinct," Mika says, "Wait, are you saying I'm the reason the world almost went extinct?!" I sit up straight, "No Kiki, you didn't do any of this, we were innocent kids that were taken advantage of, humans were the ones who caused this, the Hyakuya orphanage we lived at was nothing more than a laboratory, after it was gone, the Japanese Imperial Army took over the experimentation the experiment's names Seraph of the End. Humans are such ugly creatures, they're animals driven by greed only concerned with making themselves stronger, they'll hurt anyone to get more power, I can't leave you in the hands of people like that." He says, "Bub, I'm a human too, and if I can, I want to turn you back into one too. So it's not like you can say all of humanity's bad," I sigh, "If the wrong people have you under control they can use you to end this world in a heartbeat. Run away with me instead. We'll make a new home, somewhere secluded, far away from this war. Like you said, get married, start a family, I'll protect you and our family with my life, I promise." He holds my hand and rubs his thumb over my knuckles, "Where no one can find us? The vampires or the Moon Demon Company?" I look at him, "Bingo." He smiles, "Reminds me of the time we tried to escape from the vampires, we didn't reach paradise, rather our entire family got killed. I don't think there is a place for us bub, look around." I look out the window, "But it's worth searching, right?" He asks, "If so, isn't it a great thing to discuss with my friends and with Yuu? They're smart, they can help us run away." I turn to him, "And you're certain we can trust them love?" He asks, "Course! Don't worry, they're the good guys! Trust them just as much as you trust me. Alright?" I lift my hand up and kiss his hand.

We arrived at the airport, I saw Shinoa about to get impaled by flying speared, "Nu-uh, no one's allowed to start the fight without me." I wag my finger up at Kureto, "Yuki's back." Yoichi's eyes widen, "Nice save!" Yuu lights up, "No way." Mitsu looks at me, "You're here." Shinoa looks at me, "Duh, could I just leave my best friend? You okay?" I grin, "Yeah. That was kinda close." She smiles, "I told you, we shouldn't have come, this is a huge mess, humans attacking other humans. Just look." Mika walks over and stares at the impaled soldiers, "No. I'm glad we came." I walk towards Kureto, "Bastard, what are you doing to your men?" I glare at him, "Huh? One of Guren's black demon kids." He looks down at me, "No, that's Guren's little sister. Yuki Ichinose. Do it." Aoi walks next to him, "They're coming from the container! Yoichi!" Yuu shouts, he nods and fires an arrow at the shipping container but the metal spears blocked it, "Damn it! What have they got hiding inside that thing?" Mitsu holds her axe, "It doesn't matter! Stop it!" Shinoa spins around and avoids the spears, "Let's get out of here!" She says, I stare at the box, "Let's go love." Mika starts running, I grit my teeth and follow him, he stops when he saw a squadron of choppers flying over, vampires then dropped out of them, "All units move in, I don't want a single human to survive!" A vampire orders, "This is it, I want to kill all the vampires! DO IT FOR HUMANITY!" Kureto yells and the Japanese Imperial Army march in, "What should we do," I grip my scythe tighter, "Don't panic, this is a great opportunity." Shinya puts his hand on my shoulder, "Yeah, they're not paying attention to us anymore. This is out chance to escape." Mika unsheaths his sword, "You kids go ahead and run while you can. The seasoned pros can give you as much cover as you need." We turn around and saw Guren's squad, "I'll clear a path for us." Shinya fires Byakomaru, "For our comrades!" Mito runs in, my eyes widen and I went into the group of vampires blind, "What are you doing! You're going too far out!" Kimizuki yells, I kept slashing and fighting my way to the open ground, when I finally killed the least vampire in my path, I was panting, "Nii-san. You're alright! Let's go!" I smile, "Good, you're here. I was hoping that you would be." He smirks and unsheaths his sword, "Ren?" I falter for a moment, his eyes were red from the usual purple, something seemed off, "REN!" I freaked out when his sword came down on me.