🩸 12 🩸

We finally made it to City Hall and soldiers were posted everywhere as lookouts, "Well. The vampires are definitely out to ambush us, I'll have to reconsider what we do next." Guren looked through a small scope and zoomed in, there were our soldiers tied to crosses with a vampire guarding each one, "What are you talking about, we're gonna rescue them aren't we?" Yuu butts in, "So you're saying we walk into something that we know is a trap?" Narumi looks at him, "Yeah. If we have to." Yuu says, "Hey. Everyone shut up." I snatched Ren's scope and sat down cross-legged on the edge of the building, they all look at me, "Might call my proposal stupid but what if we organise twenty five snipers, Shinya can fire Byakomaru with multiple shots, so can Yoichi, if we fire perfect shots and snipe all of them, a ground team runs in and cuts all the hostages free and elite teams like Ren's can go in and ambush the three nobles inside: Crowley Eusford, Chess Bell and Horn Skuld." I rub my eye as I take the scope off, everyone was silent, "That's not a terrible idea." Guren looks at me with wide eyes, "Although things don't always go that well." I materialise Moro, "Why are you always such a pessimist?" Guren furrows his brows, "It's what I like to call being a realist." I jump down from the edge back onto the roof, "Pick a sniping spot Yoichi, show them what you've got." Shinya materialises Byakomaru, "Right." Yoichi nods and brings out Kisekio, "Look alive squad, get ready for a full blown counter attack." Narumi had his pitchfork on his back, "Roger that." Kageyama nods, "You guys prepared." I spun Moro around and he cracked the roof's surface, Yoichi took the first shot and we saw the three nobles turn around and look at us, "That was no normal shot, no noble would've been able to avoid that attack." Shinya was on the floor laying down looking through his scope, "That must mean this guy's trouble." Guren touches his chin, "I recognise this vampire, it was the one we encountered earlier on our way to Shinjuku." Yoichi had an enlarger on his eye, focusing and bobbing in front of his eye, "Gimme that!" Yuu snatches Guren's scope and he gasps, "That guy's big trouble," He grits his teeth, "We can just shoot our comrades rather them getting tortured and then get the hell out of here." Shinya says, "What?!" Yuu storms over, "Calm down, what's the other option?" Shinoa holds Yuu's chest and back, "We can try to separate the nobles then free the hostages and get the hell out of here. Of course, that plan is much more dangerous and we'll lose many more men." Shinya stares through Byakomaru, "We're not leaving our comrades behind are we? Guren?!" Yuu shouts, "I hate to say it but killing the hostages and getting out of here is the better option they didn't kill us after Yoichi's failed shot so we're not important to them, we should retreat while we're able to." Narumi says, "You bastard! Don't be stupid!" Yuu grabs Narumi's collar, "You're the one who's acting stupid!" Narumi throws him off, "I've got close friends among those hostages and it kills me to think about leaving them behind but you don't see me making a scene like a spoiled brat." Narumi says, "But Lieutenant Colonel, this is still decoy mission is it not? If we leave the nobles along aren't we leaving the soldiers at Shibuya at risk?" Shinoa asks, "Yes." Guren nods, "Well in that case-" Shinoa says, "Yeah I know, there's no way around it we need to attack. We'll put on a big show to make them think we're the main unit." Guren says, "I'm not against killing the bloodsuckers but we don't stand a chance with them waiting around like this." I shade my eyes from the sun "If they start to overwhelm us we'll retreat, we should move locations. They'll know we're here cause of Yoichi's shot." Guren turns around.

"Pay attention, this is the new plan, Shinya and the rest of my team will kill Crowley and his comrades Ki and Narumi's team will free the hostages." Guren orders, "Do you think you'll be alright with just you guys?" Yuu asks, "Our new strategy will be to strike and get away we should be able to hold them off for a bit. That only gives you five minutes to free as many hostages as you can and then get out of there. After that we have to retreat and meet up with the other teams at Nagoya airport at once." Guren shuts his pocket watch, "What will we do once we get to the airport?" Kimizuki asks, "There should be a transport helicopter there along with new directives we'll follow those orders." He turns around and opens his watch again, "We attack in seven minutes, everyone take your positions." He shuts the watch, "Yes sir." Everyone says.