𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

2.2K

• • •「◆」• • •

"Pete, just try it"

Peter was trying to explore his new powers and it wasn't long before he decided to create some fluid to act as webs, to match his new, profound spider-like abilities. You were curious of what he might be able to do so you tried to get him to do something simple first such as, picking up a Lego using what he called his homemade webshooters.

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea" Peter muttered, hesitantly.

"You'll never know if you try,"

If it wasn't for that stupid pout you just did, he probably wouldn't have  listened to you.

"Okay,"

His hand gently raised and as he shot the web, he wasn't able to catch up to his reflexes quick enough and instead of the Lego coming towards him, it went towards you, hitting you hard near the eye.

Peter could never forget the yelp of pain you released and he whimpered multiple apologies as he immediately went over to softly cuddle your head against his chest.

"I'm so sorry bub..shit"

"Ow-" You said amidst laughing.

"awww" Peter couldn't stop apologising especially when you've been silently wincing.

"Peter, I'm okay" You insisted along with a few giggles.

When he pulled your face up gently to meet his, using his hands, a small trickle of blood left your skin, surrounded by your teary eyes and it made Peter feel bad even more. The fact that he hurt you like this was constantly scratching at his heart.

Once he sat you down and used a tissue to wipe the blood, he put his webshooters away to avoid anything happening again.

"Here let me kiss it better"

You smiled as soon as his first kiss landed on your temples, trailing from your cheeks, to your nose, to your head and even your neck just to tease you, his lips aching for that one spot he couldn't quite reach yet. But he just couldn't.

"I'm fine, Pete, I promise" You smiled but he still continued to pout sympathetically.

How can you not like him when he'd treat you so gently like his own little puppy that he cared and loved so much? Just how could you?
.
.
.
.
.
.

It was like everything was getting swallowed into a dark well, filled with this heavy energy and suddenly every inch of brightness faded into an empty pit filled with nothing but a glimmer of hope.

You never know when things could take a turn, and it just did.

"Y/n? Y/n, wake up please" A quiver so fragile left Peter's lips whilst a soft hand, landed on his shoulder.

He looked up to see Natasha as her expressions resembled a hurtful one as she glanced at your limp body in your bestfriend's arms.

She'd seen many dead bodies, alot of which was caused upon her own actions and yet looking at your unconscious one, hurt the most.

Another few Avengers arrived soon after the unexpected explosion. Tony was getting attacked constantly and due to a few Avengers leaving his side to check on what happened, he struggled a bit.

"Peter, what happened?!" Multiple people asked the same questions as they blended into one loud muffle.

"You just don't listen," Peter mumbled to you, eyes welling up as he choked on a sob.