Colby Brock | Haunted Hospitality

Summary: You visit the Langham hotel with the boys

Warnings: Spirits, dizziness, nausea

Word Count: 568

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ─────

"Guys, this room so tiny! Someone actually died here," Colby announces.

"Woah, guys there's a window blocking the window, so you can't jump out," Corey points out.

"That gives me chills."

Sam walks over to what seems to be a locked room, "Wait. What is this?" He tries pulling it open and it just ends up being a bathroom. But, as soon as we walk in, the tempature changes, and it becomes warmer.

"Dude it's like 90 in here."

"Yeah let's get outta there," I say walking back out into the main room.

jake and I sit on the bed while corey and sam explain the history behind the place. the details in the story are crazy. this definitely is a haunted hotel without question.

Jake made a joke about the boogeyman and it made me laugh. he's always trying to cheer me up during these investigations. "What's so funny?"  Sam questions, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing," I shake my head and chuckle.

"Brother, I wanna know!"

"It's an inside joke. Y'all wouldn't get it."

"Fine, brotha."

"Sam we'll find an inside joke sooner or later."

———

"Let's take a look around the hotel before we start any rituals," you suggest, motioning for the others to follow you. As you walk through the dark corridors and abandoned rooms, you sense something ominous in the air.

Suddenly, you come across a vortex, a swirling mass of air that seems to defy all logic. You're just about to warn the others when you notice something even more disturbing—a hand print on the mirror, as though someone had dragged their fingers through the condensation.

"Ugh," you groan, feeling dizzy and reaching for the stairs to steady yourself. "I have a major headache."

"Aren't you supposed to get away from the area if you're feeling like that?" Jake asks, concern evident in his voice.

"God, this sucks," Colby sighs, sitting next to you and letting you lean against him for support. Sam stops recording as the rest of the group crowds around you, their faces full of concern.

"You okay, babe?" Colby asks, his voice gentle and reassuring.

"I don't know," you reply, feeling woozy. "I might have to go back to the room. You guys can keep exploring."

But then the nausea hits, making you feel even worse. "Hey, um, is there a bathroom nearby?" you manage to croak out, feeling your legs wobble as you try to stand up.

Alarmed, the boys rush to your aid, helping you to your feet. You glance at the mirror and see how pale you look, how tired and weak.

"We need to get you back to the room," Colby decides, leading you back as the rest of the group follows close behind.

--

"Hi," you respond, feeling the tension of earlier melting away.

"How ya feeling?" he asks, his voice soft with concern.

"A lot better," you reply, the corners of your mouth turning up into a smile as you plant a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Mhm," Colby hums, relishing in the simple affection. "Glad to hear it. Ready to get back to the investigating?"

Your heart flutters a little at the thought of returning to the haunted hotel, but with Colby by your side, you feel braver. "Let's do this," you say, determination gleaming in your eyes.