Evan butka | Safe with you

Summary: you get scared at an amusement park so evan stays with you

Warnings: none

Word count: 337

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

You gulped audibly as you stared up at the towering roller coaster that loomed in front of you, your fear clearly written across your face. "Evan," you started, your voice trembling slightly, "I've never been too fond of these things. I mean, how do they even build them? Are they really that stable?"

Sensing your uneasiness, Evan placed a reassuring hand on your shoulder. "If you don't want to go, I'll stay with you," he offered, concern etching his features.

Surprised by his selflessness, you turned to him with a look of gratitude. "Are you sure? You could always go with Elton and the guys," you suggested, not wanting to hold him back from enjoying the experience.

Evan shook his head, a genuine smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "I'm sure, cmon let's go get food instead," he grabs your hand and leads you to the nearest food truck.

"okay this smells good."

Settling down on a nearby bench, you and Evan shared a laugh as he ordered some food for the two of you. You took a bite of your sandwich, feeling grateful for his company.

"Thank you, Evan. You really didn't have to stay with me," you said, genuinely appreciating his thoughtfulness.

Evan smiled warmly, reaching across the table to hold your hand. "I don't want you to feel lonely. And, to be honest, I enjoy hanging out with you," he confessed.

Your heart swelled at his words, and you returned his smile. "I appreciate it, really," you repeated, your fingers intertwining with his as you both continued to eat and enjoy each other's company.

Before long, Elton and the others returned, their faces flushed with excitement and adrenaline from their roller coaster experience. They regaled you and Evan with tales of their thrilling ride, and you couldn't help but feel a twinge of appreciation for the bond you shared with your group of friends.