Walking back

I walked up the hill as the dry wind blows my face, looking at the catastrophe that had happened to the world. Holograms were visible, colourful in the sea of red and yellow. Looking at it, I swear. I swear I heard the souls screaming. And finally, I arrived at the top. I see rubles of concrete, broken tables and chairs, scorch marks everywhere.

I dropped on my knees, scraping a fabric of what's left of my wife and daughter. Tears were rolling down my face as I closed my eyes, reminiscing the beautiful moments with my wife. Son Chaeyoung, my beautiful wife along with my daughter whom yet I have seen but from a picture she sent me. We were going to name her Namjoo as the name suggests we hope that she would grow into a beautiful woman just like her mother.

I am a soldier made by mankind to serve the purpose of a weapon without identity nor a real name until my wife came with a nickname for me. I couldn't contain the memories that made me who I am today. The precious smile on her face and the giggles when I kissed her shoulder. The regret of past mistakes took a fist on the ground, punching the concrete, cracking the surface. I scoffed at the pain aching in my chest, suffocating as I moved my gaze upon the fiery landscape of the city.

I shed a tear before looking down at my backhand and remembered the last power bestowed upon me. I remembered the scientist told me not to use it unless, and I think this is the best time to use it. My vision was slightly blurry because of the overflowing tears in my eyes I stood up, look back over my backhand and turn the switch, pulling numbers 2020. I took a deep breath and pinched the side of the watch, pressing two buttons at the same time.

My backhand started to glow, and I craned my head to look up at the gray sky and closed my eyes. This is for you small cub. In my head as I felt my body was sucked into a point around my core.

[...]

I could hear the sound of a busy street. People talking on their phones, footsteps, and cars passing. I opened my eyes and saw a large moving billboard, displaying date, time and weather today. I chuckled upon seeing the date. It's April 23rd. I smiled and shook my head slightly, knowing today is her birthday. I started to notice that my outfit was attracting a lot of attention from the pedestrians especially, with the rifles on my back.

"geogjeonghaji masibsio. These are for cosplay only." I awkwardly exclaimed while my hand scratching the back of my head. "First, I have to find a place to stay." I mumbled as I look around and surprisingly, my network got easily connected with the current network. I immediately bought a penthouse using via virtual payment using a cryptocurrency. The interface in my head confirmed the payment and documents as an anonymous buyer.

I hailed a taxi as I got the address to where my penthouse is located.

"Seriously?!" My head slightly tilted, annoyed with the fact that there's no taxi answering my wave. "This is ridiculous." I mumbled and clicked my tongue as I started walking. I walked my way to the penthouse while muttering how stupid the world is 5 years before me, my stupid project that destroyed Korea.