Future Remnants

Memory replay: 25 June 2025

I knocked on her door, curving a small smirk as she quickly turned to look at me. Her cute smile showed the dimples on both her cheeks. Pointing at me, I opened the door. Her finger playfully and seductively waved for me to come, and I chuckled.

Kissing her softly, a delighted hum escaped her mouth as my hands caressing her body. "How's my big boy doing today?" Grinning against her mouth smiling at me, our foreheads collied.

"I didn't get caught for leaving my housing. Go figure." Her giggles made my heart melt which made me kiss her deeper. "I'm sorry for not visiting you often, my dear."

"Mmmm, gwaenchanh-ah. I'm happy with what we have now." Slightly shaking her head, her arms clung around my neck, and I kissed her again passionately. "Mmmm, be careful."

"Be careful about what?" Kissing her more, her lips felt so soft pressing against mine.

"Someone might caught us." Purring against my mouth, "how much time left do we got?"

"I don't know... maybe five to ten minutes? before my commander notice my absence." I kissed her cheek. "Then what are you doing here? Go back to your housing." I shook my head and Chaeyoung immediately held my face, brushing lightly with her thumb. "Don't you dare be a naughty boy."

"Arrasseo-arrasseo." Kissing her lips one more time made her giggle. "I'll see you again." Her head nodding lightly, leaned into mine. "Don't you dare miss me." Smirking against her lips, Chaeyoung kissed me softly. "Oh I will."

[...]

Charging complete.

Opening my eyes, the sun was shining brightly through the curtains. My eyes squinted against the light hitting my eyes and my computers showed me the weather data of today. Bright, clear sky. And I am off duty today.

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a mug, filling it with water. My helmet opened. "Maybe I need to sneak into the military's facilities to get and inside information." Taking a few sips of my water, a silhouette in my head showed me locations of military facilities. Housings. Labs. Hangars.

"Huh... This place sounds familiar." Highlighting one lab in the silhouette of the map, my computers calculated distance and time for me to get there.

Fifty kilometres, estimated time forty minutes.

"That'll be quite a ride." Taking another sip emptying the mug, I put back the mug at the rack and went to the bathroom. I got out of my suit and paid attention to the wounds I got from the car chase, in the mirror. No trace. It's like it was never been there. Stepping back into my suit, the silhouettes were dancing around me. Flashing white. Scanning for my personal identities.

System error, unidentified personnel.

Chuckling at the words inside the silhouette, I got outside and went down with the elevator. A couple floors down, the elevator doors opened. A guy with a slender figure got inside the elevator, looking at me as if I was a madman.

Jang Hanseok. Age 21. Occupation Prosecutor.

My computers were scanning his emotions.

Confused. Worried. Scared.

"Joesonghamnida. I like to cosplay a lot these days." And he nodded awkwardly, again, as if I'm a madman.

[...]