Stakeouts

Chaeyoung's POV

"ARGH! Joj-dwaesseo! (I'm fucked!)" Scratching off the frustration in my mind, I banged my head against my desk, messing up my table's arrangement. "Jeongmal joj-dwaesseoda! Eotteohge?! (I'm so fucked! What should I do?!)" Exasperated, I kept lamenting about my decision on closing the case two months ago and my higher-ups don't seem to be very happy with my decision. The head researcher even asked me to have some words with him. "Chaeyoung-ah... why did you do that?"

"Why are you so stupid, Chaeyoung-ah?!" I started hitting my head, feeling so irritated of myself that I wished I had just disappeared before even taking that decision on closing the case as a cold case. "Museun il-isseo yo, chujang-nim?" Hearing the door opens and closes, I heard Tzuyu's voice, and I hummed responding back to her. "Wae yeogie? (why are you here?)" I lukewarmly replied; "can't you see I'm not in the mood for reports right now?" judging by the pile of papers in her arms.

"ah- geuge, chujang-nim. I'm not here for reports. That is on Friday." I slightly lifted my head off my desk to turn my head towards Tzuyu as she came and put a file on my desk. "I want to ask a few more questions regarding Sam-Chil." Tzuyu opened the file as I straightened my back, and I saw Park Hyung Seok's documents inside the file folder.

"The real name of Sam-Chil is Park Hyung Seok?" Tzuyu pointed at the profile picture and then, moved her finger pointing at Park Hyung Seok's name. I nodded; "apparently, he was brought as a subject test after the aircraft crash with hopes to save his life—" Tzuyu nodded as I'm explaining, "and that guy over there." I pointed at Sam-Chil through the glass pane separating my office with the rest of the precinct, "Sam-Chil, our Sam-Chil, is Park Hyung Seok from the future. Project 37 will be successful in the future and he is one of the products of that project."

"And the reason he went back through time is to stop project 37?" Tzuyu tried to grasp the situation. "Nde, Sam-Chil is here so he could stop the further research of project 37." Tzuyu slammed to close the folder and looked into me deep in the eye. "Then, that means the government is up to no good. Taking somebody in as test subject without their consent is against human rights. Don't you think we need to investigate this, chujang-nim?" Tzuyu, with her determined eyes, proposed an idea.

"Don't be naïve, Chou geomsa. I mean I would love to, but I don't think we can instigate the investigation officially." Nonchalantly, refused her proposal. "Aww!! Come on, chujang-nim!" Tzuyu shook my body, and I sighed; "geumanhae, Chou geomsa. I'm stressed out right now. I can't believe we really did close the case as a cold case and now government is on us."

"Wae geuraeyo, chujang-nim? I think you did the right thing. We can't just let the government do things as they want." The sound of my door opening brought a new person into my office. "Chou geomsa, we need you at the scene." Taekyeon's voice seemed very joyful and as I'm looking towards the door, his face was displaying his coyly smile.

"Did you torture one of the suspects again, Ok geomsa?" I sighed; oddly unbothered by it, Taekyeon nodded still with his coyly smile displayed. "Why do I have a maniac in my team?" Rhetorically asking, my eyes rolled.

[...]

Your POV

"Sinbyeongie!" The air was dry. The sun was shining so brightly; it felt like the sun had already fried my computers inside. But apparently that wasn't the case, "wah... today is so fucking hot." Jeongyeon was fanning herself with her hand, "do you feel the heat too, Sam-Chil-ah?" I nodded and looked down at my uniform soaked with my artificial sweat. "God, you really are very human-like." I shushed down her comment and palmed her mouth.

"Yah~! Noona, you can't be saying that here!" I sternly whispered warning her of her dangerous comment at this time of our job. Jeongyeon and I are currently at a riverbank, guarding a crime scene. Someone had found a suitcase filled with a corpse, and from what my computers had analysed the victim had suffered from third degree burn and was hit with a blunt object on their head, and limbs which broken their bones.