First Case

The day was bright. A fine blue sky with a ray of sunshine. Birds were chirping and soaring up in the sky. Police lines were wrapped around the scene. With inspectors scattered, observing the crime scene.

Standing behind the line, separating myself with the news reporters reporting a breaking news on the spot. My eyes were scouring the spot, scanning each individual for their data. Height, bodyweight, personal background, names. All seemed to checks out with their occupation.

Feeling a tap on my back, I turned around. "It's my turn now to stay guard." A guy a bit shorter than me said and switched with me. Watching her discussing the evidence with her partner grew a smirk on my face as I tried to focus to listen to them talking.

"So this knife is not the murder weapon?"

"Apparently, it isn't. But the fact that the killer placed the knife after they killed her is somehow disturbing to me."

"Hmmm, yeah. And no fingerprints too?"

As programmed, my system immediately scanned the handle of the knife stabbed to the body and found no prints.

"Sadly, no." Scanning the tall woman, facing her. Chou Tzuyu. Age 20. Born 1999, 14th June. Bodyweight 48kg. Height 170cm. Occupation Senior Inspector.

Crouching down to look closely, my brows were furrowing. "Nde, I don't see any smudges on the handle too." Looking up to see their approval, they nodded slightly. "Whoever the killer is. They must be wearing some sort of gloves."

"You don't say that." Chaeyoung scoffed while the senior inspector tapping her pen to her lip. "Chief! I think I got a lead!" Hearing a masculine voice behind me, twisted my neck to so whoever it is.

"What is it, inspector?!" My system overlooked his figure. Cha Eunwoo. Age 22. Born 1997, 30th March. Bodyweight 64kg. Height 183cm. Occupation Inspector.

"Our killer may seem very clean at doing their job but look at this."

"Gun residue!" The senior inspector swiped her fingers and smelled it. "But why there isn't any gunshot wounds?" The inspector furrowed his brows. The senior inspector went back to inspect the body. "Maybe they placed the knife on the wound so we would think that it's by stabbing."

"Right." Listening to Chaeyoung's opinion, the senior inspector confirmed it. "Geurae, let's find our killer through the logs of firearms licenses and illegal trades." My system went ahead of them and scanned the network for suspicious firearm trades and personal backgrounds of the firearms license holders.