• 5 •

Taeil wakes up in the afternoon, feeling all better. He walks downstairs to see Xiaojun seated in front of the television. "Wheres Yadira?" He asks making the boy turn towards him. "She didn't come home yet" he answers.

"It's night now... What do you mean she didn't come yet?" Taeil asks, worried. "Xiaojun I tried calling her and she's not even answering" Yadira's mom says coming out of the kitchen, panicking.  Going back up to the room that was given to him, Taeil grabs a coat and rushes back down.

"I'll go look for her" he says. "Wait!! I'll come too" Xiaojun says standing up and grabbing the keys from the table. "Doesn't she study in the library till late, sometimes?" Xiaojun asks while reversing the car out of the drive way. "She does till latest 6pm. Its 10 now" Taeil says looking at the time on his phone.

Taeil was way too worried to be able to even think straight. Xiaojun stopped the car right in front of the school gates and the both of them quickly ran in. "Yadira!!" Taeil screams. "Where are you?" Xiaojun screams right after.

They ran around the whole school searching for her but couldn't. "Taeil her bag is here!" Xiaojun screams from inside one of the class rooms after about twenty minutes of searching. "She probably is somewhere here then" Taeil says running up to him.

"We checked everywhere though" Xiaojun says. "Yeah" Taeil replies, breathless from all the running. "Let's just search around a little more here" Xiaojun says. Taeil nods and they both seperate going in two different directions.

"Yadira... Please where are you?" Taeil kept screaming. But of course there wasnt a reply. Unlocking the door to the rooftop Taeil rushes towards the edge to have a better look of the school. He sighed seeing there was no sight of her.

He turned around to walk back but froze when he saw a female shivering in her sleep while hugging herself in the corner. "Hey were you locked up here?" He asks slowly tapping her shoulder. He removed his coat and placed it above her shoulders .

She didn't show any response so he decided to just help her by helping her back downstairs. He picked the girl up and felt his whole heart shattering when he saw that it was his own best friend. "Y-yadira!!!"

He felt her forehead and she was burning. Her face was wet from tears and she wouldn't stop shivering. He carefully carried her and ran back down, tears flowing down his own cheeks.

"XIAOJUN!!" Taeil screams. "Oh my god!" Xiaojun runs up to Taeil. "Someone had locked her upstairs. Let's go quick" Taeil says. Taeil slowly lays Yadira in the back seat and sits beside her pulling her into a hug and trying to keep her warm. "I'm sorry for not coming on time" he whispers into her ear. 

"Oh my. What happened to her?" Yadira's mother asks worried, seeing Taeil carry her out of the car. "Mom I'll tell you later. Let Taeil take her up first" Xiaojun says. Taeil lays Yadira on her bed, pulling the blanket over her, making sure she stays warm.

Her mother and brother rush in, with her school bag, medicines and water. "Did she wake up?" Her mother asks, teary eyed. "Not yet " Taeil sadly replies holding onto one of her hands which were still cold.

Yadiras mother leaves the room after looking to all her needs and making sure she was warm enough. "Do you know who would've locked her up there?" Xiaojun asks. "I'm not very sure. But there's a group of guys who I think would've done it" Taeil says.

"Who is it?" Xiaojun asks. "A boy called Yuta. and his friends" Taeil answers, helplessly looking at his friend who was fast asleep. "He bullies other students. But he has never bullied Yadira, that's why I'm not sure" Taeil adds, sighing.

"Okay I'll see to that. You should rest a bit. You still didn't get well properly and did tire yourself today. I'll take care of Yadira" Xiaojun says. "No it's alright. I'll stay here" Taeil says. "I'll be back then" Xiaojun says smiling, taking his keys out of the pocket and walking out of the room without waiting for a reply.

"I'm sorry Yadira" Taeil says, knowing she wouldn't hear anyway. He felt guilty that he wasn't there to protect her like he always did. He blamed himself for what had happened. "I should've been there for you" he said, laying his head on the bed while still holding onto Yadira's hand.

Thank you for reading!!
I love you♥️