The Agreement

"Yukta, I'm sorry for my son's manners, or lack thereof" Uncle says as soon as I enter into the study.

"No please don't say that" I say assuring him that he doesn't need to apologise.

He nods and signals me to sit down.

"The truth is, not trying to sound like the most cliché father, but my son is not who you saw downstairs. The boy you met is a troubled version of him who doesn't know how to get out of the problem he is in and this is leading him to do things he shouldn't, to act the way he shouldn't. I know you still don't know what exactly would you be working and this why I'm here... to tell you the truth."

I was so excited to finally hear the truth but knowing that I would have work with Michael not only brought my spirits down but it me dread the coming months.

"My son has been in limelight for a few years now. He has worked very hard to make his name in the industry and has reached to his levels of fame on his own. But as you might know, the more fame you gain, the more people stay ready to shred you to pieces. 

Michael dated this girl a few years back. She has come back with few oblique motives forcing him to sign an agreement which if he wouldn't have, it would have ruined his career. That agreement is the cause of all of his misery. 

I know that shouldn't give him the validation to act the way he has been acting, you saw the specimen but the truth is he feels so trapped and helpless. He would never tell me all of this but I am his dad and it kills me to see him like this."

I didn't realise when the tears slightly appeared in my eyes but seeing him like this was not something I had expected when we walked in here.

He looked a me and continued, "Yukta, all I can ask from you is to save my son before he shatters completely. Find a way around that agreement that neither harms his image nor makes him lose his career. Please."

All I could see in that moment was a helpless father who would do anything for his son just like my father would've and how could I doubt anything in that moment. "I promise you, I would do anything I can to bring your son back to you. Now give me that agreement."

A/N: So now you have a slight insight into what Yukta has gotten herself into. Let's just hope everything works out for her!