"I Like Me"

I hear the slight patter of feet. A cool breeze running over my body, making me shiver, slightly.

I can feel the slight sting against my wrist as I wiggle around in my place. I hiss at the burning sensation running through my body.

I open my eyes slightly, the light blinding me, once again.

I reach my hand up, going to cover my face, until I feel yet another burn against my wrist.

I roll my neck back, glancing at my hands that are tied behind my back, against a table.

The footsteps grow closer, then the door opens.

In walks Kai.

He removes the can he's drinking out of, from his mouth. "Oh hello."

"Nice shirt." I snap at him. I'm not very pleased with him snapping my neck, and tying me up with vervain ropes.

"Oh thanks, you know somebody burned my other one. Which is awesome, by the way. I'm starting to see why I was so fond of you growing up. You are crazy pants." His eyebrows rise up as he speaks, crossing his arms over his chest. "Oh it sucks about that shirt though."

My face shifts slightly, giving him a look of confusion. "So you can care about an inanimate object, but not the people that you kill?" My voice getting higher.

He brings his drink back to his mouth, sucking in a breath, smiling. "This isn't going to be like an episode of Ricky Lake, where I come face-to-face with my demons and change for the better." He crouches down, so his eyes are level with mine.

"You've really not cared about anyone?"

He pauses for a moment. "I guess I liked Joey, we played Doctor Mario together, he always won, actually one of my favorite memories was when I finally beat him." He pauses once more, me giving him a sympathetic smile, but that was quickly removed. "Of course my favorite memory was when I finally beat him to death."

Kai smirks at my concerned expression. Him and Joey got along quite well, from what I remember.

"You don't have to waste your energy trying to change me. If Ricky taught me anything it's that liking yourself is the most important thing, I like me." He takes another breath backing away, sitting on the floor.

"What happened to you, Kai? You used to be so sweet and caring." I ask, trying to change the subject as quickly as possible.

"I have always been like this, Elle, I guess you just never noticed."

^* Elena *^

I rush into the Salvatore house, coming face-to-face with Damon, Liv, and Jo.

When Elle got caught, I decided to run and get help.

"Oh my- Elena!" Damon says rushing towards me.

"I'm okay, I'm okay." I say as his hands wrap around my arms.

"Your bleeding, come here." He ushers me over to the couch, but I shake my head.

"I'm fine. We have to go back for Elle!"

"Elle, Is she okay?" Liv asks standing, Jo fallowing the motion.

I sigh. "Last I knew Kai was chasing after her. I have no clue about now." I pinch the bridge of my nose, groaning. "I should've stayed with her. I shouldn't have left her with him."

"No you did the right thing, coming to get help." Jo says taking a step towards me. "She's at the high school right?" I nod. "Then let's go get her."