Sick Siphon

I am awoken by the ringing in my ears. The birds chirping outside my window. The banging of pots and pans downstairs.

I roll on to my side, swinging my arm over the bed, smacking the alarm clock on my side table.

I roll back over, eyes still closed.

I hear my door creak open, then something, or someone, heavy falling onto me. I groan and shove them off.

"Well someone grumpy this morning." The voice says.

"Go away, Ethan." I take a pillow and put it over my head.

He removes the pillow and grabs my arm, pulling me out of bed. "It's not my fault I haven't had time to spend with my sister. You're always with your friends."

"Well I'm sorry I like to have fun." I stand off the bed and go to the bathroom door. "Why'd you even wake me up?"

"We're going for a picnic. Hurry up." He leaves the room, letting me eager ready.

I lock the bathroom door and look in the mirror. My hair is tangled, my makeup smudged, my eyes red and tired.

I've been spending the past week in my room, trying to figure out how to stop Kai. It doesn't help that him and his father keep trying to contact me.

I lift my shirt up, discarding it on to the floor. I shimmy out of my shorts and underwear, getting into the shower.

The hot water trickles down my body. It's refreshing. I grab my shampoo and lather it on my hair.

Next the conditioner, then the body wash.

Once done, I turn off the water, grabbing a towel. I wrap it around my torso, stepping out of the shower. I walk into my room, grabbing a summer dress.

Once dressed I brush my hair and put on some simple makeup.

I make my way down the stairs, the smell of bacon instantly entering my nose.

I make my way to the kitchen, to see Ethan putting food in a basket. "God that smells good. I missed your cooking."

"I am the best cook." He smiles and hands me the basket. "Jeremy and Elena will be joining us."

I nod and grab the keys. "Where are we going?"

"Just to the park. It's beautiful right now." I nod in response. He grabs his jacket and opens the door for me. "I will be driving, your driving scares me."

I roll my eyes, handing him the car keys.

We soon arrive at the park, seeing Jeremy and Elena already sat by a tree. They smile seeing us walking towards them. Elena stands, taking the basket from my arms.

"Finally. We thought you guys were about to blow us off." Lena says laughing lightly.

"Sorry, but this one wouldn't get out of bed. She put up a fight." We take a seat and start taking out the food. "We haven't had a picnic in years."

Jeremy nods laughing. "I remember that time Elle dropped all the brownies on the ground, so we were stuck with veggies."

We all laugh. I grab a strawberry and dip it in the ranch. Jeremy gives me a look and I shrug, taking a bite of the strawberry.

"Alright that's just messed up, Elle." Elena says taking the ranch from my reach.

"Don't hate. You've never tried it."

"And I never want to." She reply's back. "I've got my chocolate."

I shake my head giggling.

"So how's college been for you Lena?" Ethan asks.