New Years

The cold winter breeze softly hits my face, as I walk out of the busy cafe.

Today is New Years Eve.

Caroline is throwing a huge party, like usual.

I walk down the busy streets of Mystic Falls, making my way to the Salvatore household.

Stefan and I are helping Caroline set up for the party. Stefan just had to tell her we would help.

Originally I planned on staying in bed all day, but those plans were flushed down the drain.

I arrive at the large mansion, walking in to see Stefan on the ground laughing.

"Woah, what's going on in here?" I walk over and help him up, off the ground.

Stefan opens his mouth to speak, but Caroline walks in, searching frantically for something.

"Where is it? Where did you put it Stefan?" She asks angrily, making Stefan laugh even harder, clutching his stomach.

"Where is what?" I ask, taking a hold of Caroline's hands, trying to calm her.

"The lights! Stefan hid the lights on me!"

I bite my lip, trying to stifle back a laugh, but failing.

"This isn't funny! The guests will be arriving in an hour!"

"Okay, okay. I'll help you find the lights." I laugh out, trying not to agitate her any further.

We search all throughout the house, soon finding them shoved into the back of Damon's closet.

Caroline, now satisfied, hung the lights and streamers. This year she is going all out.

I am currently in the kitchen, helping Stefan cook. Caroline insisted on us making my mother's special lasagna, as well as some random snacks.

The guests soon arrived, Damon and Ethan being the first.

The house was full of people from the college, and some that we knew in high school.

Out of our close friends group, we were only missing Bonnie and Tyler.

"Where are Bonnie and Tyler?" I ask, walking towards Elena and Caroline. "Shouldn't they be here by now?"

"Bonnie called and said she would be running late, and for Tyler, well I have no clue." Elena spoke, taking a sip of her drink.

"He's probably with Liv." Caroline responds.

I nod and take a sip of my drink. I pull my lips from the cup, furrowing my brows.

It was rum, I never drank rum. Wait, where'd I even get this cup?

I laugh and turn towards the girls. "I'll be back."

I walk over to Klaus. "Hi love."

"Klaus." I greet. "I think we accidentally swapped drinks.

He laughs and hands me my drink, me doing the same. "Looks like we did."

"Sorry about that."

"No problem love. I didn't even notice."

"Well I sure did. I have no clue how you can drink that stuff. It's disgusting." I say, taking a sip of my drink, sighing happily at the delicious taste.

"It is not disgusting, you just have weird taste." He shoots back, glancing towards Caroline.

"Yeah, I'm the one with weird taste." I laugh and fallow his gaze towards the blonde beauty. "Just go ask her out."