The After Merge

The distant mumbles as Kai and Damon discuss Kai's fee.

I'm laying on the couch, reading some book.

They walk out of the room, Damon smiling happily. "Grab your coat, we're going to the hospital."

I don't even question him, grabbing my jacket.

When we arrive at the hospital we go straight to Caroline's moms room. Liz was laying there in pain. It hurts to see her like that, she was always so sweet to me.

Kai washes his hands and turns back to us. "Alright. I need a 12-gauge needle stat." He walks to the opposite side of Damon and I, standing next to Liz' bed. "I don't know what I'm gonna do with it, but I need it."

"You're not a doctor, so stop playing games, because I am a heretic, and I will rip your head off if you screw this up." I say angrily, stepping forward.

Kai raises his eyebrow.

Damon puts his hand on my shoulder. "What she said. So do your stupid little magic suction truck and suck the magic out of her, right now."

"I forget what you two see in each other, it's very dys-fun-ctional. See what I did? Stretching out the fun in dysfunctional."

"We don't see anything in each other!" I state, I little to loudly.

Liz sighs and looks at Kai. "Just get on with it Kai. Listening to you talk makes me wanna die."

Kai laughs slightly and points to Liz, looking up at Damon and I. "That's good."

He places a hand on Liz' cheek and the other on her arm. He takes a deep breath and begins to siphon.

Liz hisses in pain and I straighten, fear gathering in side of me. "Is it working?"

"I have to idea." Damon responds.

Then Jo walks in. Damon and I turn to her, her eyes wide. "What the hell is going on?" She pauses, her eyes landing on Kai. "What is he doing here?" She asks angrily.

Kai opens his eyes and looks towards her. "Hey sis, a little busy, be with you in a jiffy."

"Elysia?" She asks worriedly.

"I'm gonna let Damon explain."

Damon mutters a 'yeah' and lead Jo out of the room. I turn back to Kai. "I'm staying with you."

The monitor starts beeping like crazy, as Kai continues to siphon the vampire blood out of Liz.

He sucks in a breathe and let's go of Liz. "There. All done."

I lean down to Liz. "Liz, hey. How are you feeling, you okay?"

She nods. "Yeah. Yeah. I think I'm okay."

I sigh in relief, but that quickly leaves my body as Liz clutches her chest, gasping for air. "Omg. No no no no. I think she's having a heart attack."

"That is so tragic. You know because you guys jumped through hoops to get the magic out of her system but then her tickers just not strong enough to take a little siphoning. Kai says furrowing his brows, watching me scramble around panicking.

"Kai you have to fix thi-" I cut myself off as I look up, him not there anymore.

***
^*Kai*^

I walk into the room. Jo and Damon not realizing I'm here, tells me that my cloaking spell worked.

"Damon. What the hell did you do?" Jo asks.

He opens his mouth to speak, but I snap his neck.