Chapter Six

Megan’s POV

I woke up the next day in the same if not worse condition than the day before. I look at my wrist and see it is bruised. Badly. It has purple and blue indentations in the shape of his hand. I will definitely have to get this checked out by a doctor. I get up and try to get ready seeing that I have one hand. Today is an off day so I know Nic and Nell will already be up. I go to the living room and see Nicole sitting on the couch smiling at her phone.

“What are you smiling about Nic?”

“Oh nothing.” She tries to hide her phone from me but I take it just in time.

“Awe! Niall!” I say while scrolling through their cute and flirty text messages to each other.

“Give it... Megs what happened to your wrist?” Nic completely drops the phone situation and grabs my arm.

“I hurt it during workshop yesterday.” I lie once again hoping she will by it.

“Megs...” She sighs and drops my arm.

“It’s nothing really. It doesn’t even hurt.” I give her a weary smile that she does not return.

“Megan did I ever tell you about one of my old friends?”

“No.” I respond confused to her random question.

“Well I had this friend back home and her boyfriend would beat her.” I knew my eyes went wide at her last statement but she keeps speaking. “Yeah I know. He would beat her bad. He beat her so bad once she was put in the hospital for almost three weeks. And do you know what I did to her boyfriend that beat her?” I shake my head and she continues. “I found him and hit him with my car.” I tried to read her face and I see she is being completely serious.

“Wha... What?”

“I. Hit. Him. With. My. Car.” My expression turns to pure shock. “Don’t worry he lived. He had a few scrapes and a broken leg but he lived. How the hell else do you think I got here?”

“I kind of assumed it had to do with your temper but..” The thing about this boarding school is that we are all here for some reason or the other.

Some kids, like Nicole, got into legal trouble. Some like Zayn, got into fights and were kicked out of their old school. And some students like me have parents who have the money to ship them off anywhere.

“Yeah well like certain people I know I let my temper get the best of me.” She eyes my wrist again and I try to hide it under my other arm but wince in the contact that it made.

“Nicole really it’s nothing. I can handle myself if I need too.” I look at her face and we both know that is a lie.

“Megan we are best friends and I love you, you know that right?”

“Of course I do. And I love you too Nic.”

“Well I love you enough to say you deserve better and that’s all I will say. I don’t want to fight with you because we both know it will lead nowhere.” That’s all she says before we go back to watching tv and she goes back to texting Niall.

I wish my relationship with Harry could be as simple as hers and Niall’s. I mean yeah they are not together but it’s obvious he makes her happy. I ignore all the text’s and calls from Harry that day. Maybe it’s time for me to take some space.

(A/N oh snizzzaaaappp!! Nicole is finding things out!! Hopefully Megan will decide to tell her sooner than later. Ah! Leave predictions and feedback please!! Xx)