06| hey roomie!

In which Lalisa decides to prank her roommate.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 1078

«LALISA»

I was back from my lectures at the university to find the apartment empty. My roommate Taehyung was probably at the basketball practice as I boringly trudged into my room.

Changing into a fresh pair of clothes I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling as I wondered about Taehyung, how he felt for me.

He wasn't one of those who liked to express himself a lot. Mostly the only times we would talk was for discussing about university or maybe grocery shopping. I couldn't also deny that he did care for me a lot; he usually acts possessive whenever I inform him when I go out, he would always make me call him every once an hour just to ensure that I'm okay.

He showed affection through the smallest of things that made my heart flutter; but we've been talking less since the past week, particularly because of my fault.

I went clubbing with my besties Minnie and Sorn and returned home drunk. I accidentally confessed to him and even hugged him the whole night after which he had been ignoring me.

It was embarrassing for me too, but I still am unsure if he really likes me back. And so, an idea popped into my head, maybe this could help me know what really my roommate felt about me.

About an hour later, Taehyung was back and went straight into his room for a shower. I smirked as I pulled out two of my suitcases, stuffing random stuff into them before placing them by the main entrance.

"You're going somewhere?" I flinched when I heard Taehyung's voice and turned to find him leaning against his door.

"Ah, yes. I forgot to tell you, but I'm leaving."

"So you're on a vacation? Okay thenㅡ"

"No, I'm leaving. As in, I'm moving out." I cut him off, as he bawled his eyes out in shock.

"What? But why so suddenly? Where are you going to live now?" He started bombarding me with questions as I sighed hysterically, secretly enjoying his reaction.

"Isn't that what you always wanted? You always say that my room is always messed up and I annoy you a lot? Why do you care about it now?"

"I...just, I mean your room is messy but I never said I wanted you to leave this place....or leave me."

I felt guilty of pranking him now, the grief he was trying to hide was now evident in his eyes. I tried my best not to give in, as I stayed firm on continuing the same.

"I'll be over Jimin's place. With the guys."

"Jimin?!" His eyes shot up, piercing through my soul. Jimin was Taehyung's best friend and since he was usually over with his friends over at our place we had established a close friendship with each other.

Taehyung however wasn't proud of it and his eyes would always glint with envy whenever Jimin was around, given that the guy was a huge flirt.

"Jimin never told me about it...?" He looked at me doubtfully, raining a brow.

I swear I could've swooned under his godly gaze.

"I told him not to, I wanted to let you know by myself. So...?"

"So what?" He cleared his throat, standing firm in front of me now.

Jealousy written all over his face.

"So what? I don't really care what you do...I'll be a little bored but it's okay, I think." There was a pause in his tone, as if he was trying to comprehend what he was saying.

Like always, his actions always contradicted his words.

Although I knew he was half heartedly letting out his sadness, it did hurt me though. I slowly nodded, my head hung low in sorrow.

"Bye, Taehyung." My voice was reduced to a whisper as I clutched my luggage, almost ready to leave.

I never expected to pull the prank this far, but I guess I'll be crying my heart out at Minnie's.

His feet were glued to the ground, his lips parted as if he wanted to say something but he couldn't.

I furtively glanced at him whilst walking past him; his hand resting on his chest to slow down his rapid heartbeats. He looked as if he was regretting every single word he said moments ago, scared to confess his feelings but even more scared to have me gone.

Just when I was about to step out, he engulfed me into his pair of arms.

"Don't leave me." He faintly whispered against my hair as I sighed in relief.

I chose to stay silent, waiting for the part of truth to be revealed. He clutched even more tighter, my back pressed against his chest.

"Please stay. I lied when I said I don't care about you. I was afraid that you would leave me like all the others have done after failing to cope up with me...my way of living. I just don't know how I ended up liking you, but since I have there's no turning back, I believe."

His words travelled an endless stream of pain and longing as he took time to acknowledge the truth he just explained. His eyes brimmed with tears and I was sulking for making him cry for my small prank.

"I do like you. A lot, Tae. Even when I was drunk, I was sober enough to let out an honest confession in front of you. But my heart broke apart when you turned me down without a valid reason, which is why I had to, you know...I wanted to know what stayed in your mind that was keeping you away from me."

"Wait what are you meaning to say by that? Was it a prankㅡ" I turned around his hold and immediately hid my face in his chest, hearing his heartbeats up closely as my face was red like a freshly bloomed tomato.

"It was a prank." I finally confessed. "But only the part of leaving you, not my feelings though."

He smiled at last, resting his chin on top of my head, his hands draped around my waist.

"You will never leave me, alright? You got me scared."

I leaned in to kiss his cheek, before whispering into his ear, my promise for eternity.

"No I won't. I promise, I'm not going anywhere. Not from this place and certainly not from your life."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

「A/N」

I'm so sorry for not updating this book, apparently I had written some better imagines but wattshit chose not to save them at all :")

I have those notes in my backup docs though so I'll put them up here soon! Anyways I hope you enjoyed this lol~
ㅡAuthornim.