17 | everythingoes

Rain brings with itself, a melancholia that is difficult to part from. But everything is meant to go someday; even the pain, to allow the joy to prevail.
After all, there's no rainbow without a little bit of rain.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

word count: 4.15 k

genres: angst with scattered bits of fluff but overall a comforting piece

warnings: character death (implied), featuring jimin! so you could say there's a vmin moment here, jimin is a fairy, taehyung is an old man, there's just general themes of sadness and coping from grief/loss, the ending is bittersweet need i say more

a/n: I KNOW i haven't updated here in so long & i'm extremely sorry about it! for starters, i was finishing up a few other books of mine including a 2-hour taelice read, scintilla (crappy self promo i know lol) & then i was totally off wattpad (social media in general) since i took a break for my studies & it's difficult to get back into the creative mode due to lack of motivation :| this is just a little something from my abandoned drafts compilation, i mixed and matched up a few old stuffs with a few newer ones that couldn't get incorporated into a proper plot so here we go :P

━━━━━━━━━━

N A R R A T I O N

White clouds hovered over the clear blue sky, occasionally blocking away the sunlight to open for a perfect sunny day, very much unlike the realisation that summer was already approaching an end.

A pleasant gush of wind blew past the foothills of the Namsan park, as people strolled along the brick laden path that led them to the star attraction of the tourist spot — the Namsan tower. Some of the tourists opted to admire the picturesque view of the city and bask in the nature's warmth, posing for photographs before the vast expanse of flower beds as they walked.

Amongst them was a man, older than most of the common folk. With a cane resting on his right palm for support, the eighty-four year old sat down on one of the park benches. A smile bloomed over his features, bringing the wrinkles to a fade as he looked up front at the artist setting up a canvas a few steps away from him.

"Thank you for doing this for me." He spoke, garnering the attention of the young artist who waved his hand instead. "No, harabeoji, I should be the one thanking you. You've already blessed me with a grand favour indeed."

Taehyung observed as the boy's eyes turned crescent shaped when he returned a smile, whilst mixing the paints in his palette.

"So you're an art student, I presume...?" The old man started, tracing away a half-empty question as he sensed the same kind of awkwardness the younger was experiencing when he knocked his easel a few times already.

"Uhm...I'm Jimin. And yes, it's correct."

"Oh, good to hear." Taehyung sighed, looking for icebreakers to converse with a boy who was nearly two generations younger than him.

He happened to accidentally notice Jimin sitting on the park bench looking visibly disheartened as he stared at his empty easel. So when he approached the boy and inquired the reason behind his distress, the boy had answered that he was lacking ideas for a certain project. And when Taehyung put forth a request, he noticed how the boy's face brightened up like the clear sky today, immediately agreeing to work on it.