08| home

Cause I'm your home.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 1116

NARRATION

After deciding to move in with Taehyung, Lalisa realised one things — everything does not come easy. The two of them work long hours at their respective work places; money is great, although it cuts down the time they can potentially spend together. The irregular work timings cause Lisa to leave early morning, come back by evening and drift off to sleep as Taehyung would return past midnight.

It's very difficult — they don't even get time to greet each other face to face and despite living together, it seems more like a long distance relationship accompanied by texts and phone calls. Weekends are reserved for partying with their friend groups, with Taehyung being with his boys and Lisa out with her girls that scavenges the only time they can do stuff together.

Sometimes on giving a thought, Lisa admits the couple had seen better days back when they were in the initial stages of courtship; they would seek ways out of work but somehow everything started to become granted once they shifted to this new home.

A home; where the heart lives. But this home was different than the rest. Because it stayed in the dark, loneliness that echoed inside the apartment and a melancholy silence would take over.

There was a chance that things would change one day; though there wasn't an assurance of when and how it would.

Lisa was still stuck at work, reviewing the last report of the day — until her boss Solji stacked another pile of files on her desk, urgently requesting her to stay back for a couple number of hours. These reports had to go to the board of directors meeting scheduled a day after, causing the employees to stay back and review each and every single aspect intently. Her mind filled with misery and exhaustion, all she wanted to do was to bang her head into the wall out of frustration.

"Damn your desk is hella crowded." Her coworker Bobby teased, as she annoyingly rolled her eyes at him. "That isn't helping Bobby, unless you don't volunteer to help." The guy sighed, before taking some files to distribute the work. She chuckled at his tired expressions — after all they were the best of friends; more like siblings one would say.

Just when she diverted her attention back to her work, her phone buzzed with a surprise text from her boyfriend.

Feeling skeptical, Lisa revisted the texts again, still finding it difficult to comprehend that Taehyung was back early, waiting for her at home instead of wandering off with his friends

She was certainly shocked, but the thought made her somewhat happy noticing the subtle change in his care.

"Lis I'll be back in sometime." Bobby excused himself out about an hour later, heading outside — only to return moments after, an elated smile adorning his face. "Lis, you done?" "Bobby, I still have some more files to work on-"

"Your boyfriend is waiting for you by the lobby downstairs." He gestured, as Lisa knitted her brows in confusion. "You're kidding."

"For heaven's sake I swear its Taehyung. I'm not mistaken." Bobby exclaimed before walking away. Lisa was too consumed to go check after, so she decided to settle down and finish off the paperwork first.

Upon finally heading out she spotted the familiar shadow of her boyfriend seated on the couch, scrolling through his phone.

"Guess I will leave you two here." Bobby said while walking out, bidding goodbyes to both Lisa and Taehyung.

"I...uh..Tae, you're here?"

"Of course. Why, is it wrong for me to not visit my girlfriend?" He smiled before getting up and gently tugged her hand. "It is technically, because you will end up distracting me." "Yah, I patiently waited for you!"

"Okay silly, I was kidding. Its unusual to have you here instead of being at work so I was confused."

"You don't seem to be happy, I think you don't love me anymore." Taehyung pouted upon a frown as Lisa chuckled. "I love you so much baby, you don't have an idea of how much I've missed you." She expressed, before Taehyung enthusiastically engulfed her into his embrace.

Taehyung was acting surprisingly clingy today, in a good way of course. Lisa wasn't complaining either. After months of yearning for his touch, his warmth felt like a blessing to her.

"I missed you too, my sweetheart. How do you like the new nickname?"

"Loving it! But we can't hug forever, baby." She kissed his cheek as the two pulled out, before getting into the car.

After having dinner at a local diner situated a few blocks away from their home, the couple finally stepped into the house to get changed into their pyjamas.

"You still love me right?" Lisa turned to face Taehyung, frowning at his question. "Yes, I love you Tae. Why would you ask such a question?"

"I don't know, we haven't been acting like ourselves lately, so I thought you might be grossed out if I act clingy towards you." He prodded his inner cheek, explaining the matter as Lisa stepped on her toes to peck his lips.

"Why should I be grossed out by my boyfriend? I'm always comfortable around you, whether we spend time or we don't. It's the two of us to blame together, right honey?" "Right. I always felt so guilty when I returned home at night to see you tired, sometimes sleeping at he dining table with the food. Maybe I miss us so much that I had to take a break from work early today."

"Aww, you're so adorable! Let's promise each other that we will go on dates more regular than before, hmm? I love you."

"I love you so much Lisa. I wish I could kiss those lips forever."

"Who's stopping you then, baby?" Lisa smiled as Taehyung leaned in to kiss her lips. He then reached for her, snuggling deeper into the covers.

Hovering over her petite frame, Taehyung interconnected their hands when the lovely moment was suddenly halted when Lisa heard her phone ringing. She moved away from his hold as Taehyung sounded pissed as he groaned, Lisa giggling at his cuteness.

"Its my boss—" Lisa was just about to receive her call when Taehyung slung his arm over hers, throwing the phone away to the other side of the bed before connecting his lips again.

"Yah!" Lisa whined when Taehyung leaned close, whispering gently into her ear;

"They can wait. I can't."

fin.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

This was probably the cheesiest fluff I wrote in a while lmao. I don't know how this turned out but looking forward to your reactions!🤍
ㅡ Authornim.