𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

TWENTY-SEVEN:IT'S JUST HIM

TWENTY-SEVEN:
IT'S JUST HIM

FALLON HAD HER JAW CLENCHED the entire time, she stepped onto the spaceship, buckling herself in and staring blankly at the wall beside of her. The only thing she could feel was rage, and the need―︎the want―︎to kill this Titan seemed to make her even angrier. What she didn't know was as she sat there, her mind was starting to go backwards, reverting to the time she had been with HYDRA and she felt nothing. The only thing she felt was the rage, and it was starting to over take her.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket asked from his seat in the front. Steve, Natasha, and Rhodey all raise their hands. Fallon would've raised her own hand, but she was scared that if she didn't focus her anger on the wall, then she would've thrown it onto them. Fallon was hurting. The feeling wasn't one she had ever felt before. The feeling of loss was something she hadn't felt truly, not until she watched the man who she had come to love dust away into thin air all because of a simple snap of his fingers.

Natasha glanced towards Fallon with a small frown. The blonde met Steve's eyes and the two exchanged worried looks with one another as they looked at the girl. It was true that Fallon had been slowly falling apart without the girl herself even realizing. She did the same routine every single day, she barely slept, she was so focused on her anger and trying to keep it in or on the punching back, that her health was falling apart.

"Approaching jump in. . . 3. . . 2. . . 1." They enter the jump and everyone's breath stopped, holding in the surprised screams that wanted to fall from their mouth's. It even made Fallon forget her anger for a moment, before the ship slows down and her anger almost immediately comes back. They were so close. So close to killing this man. The ship hovers in orbit of the planet that Thanos was supposedly on. They were allowed to stand up, but Fallon didn't move. Carol made her way in front of the ship, turning around to look at the ship as she hovered in space.

"I'll head down for recon." She informed them before flying down to the planet. Steve watched the planet out of the giant window of the ship, his eyebrows furrowed in worry. Not only was he worried about what was going to happen, he was also worried for Fallon who seemed to refuse eye contact with everyone.

"This is gonna work Steve." Natasha's voice grabbed Steve's attention.

He turned his head to look at her before saying, "I know it will." He then looks down at his compass that contains a picture of Peggy before continuing, "'Cause I don't know what I'm gonna do if it doesn't."

"Steve, I'm getting really worried about her." Natasha told him with a frown, glancing towards Fallon before looking back towards Steve.

"Yeah, me too." Steve nodded. "We are here to kill him, and I know that's what she's angry about. Maybe she'll be. . . okay afterwards."

"I hope so." Natasha breathed, her arms crossed over her chest as she glanced towards Fallon once more before looking out the window just in time to watch Carol appear in front of the ship once more.

Carol nodded her head. "No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him."

"Then that's enough." Nebula nodded.

They head down to the planet and land and Carol goes in first. Carol slams through the roof and puts Thanos in a choke hold. Bruce in the Hulkbuster armor bursts from the ground, and grabs Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet arm. Thor flies in and slices off the Infinity Gauntlet. Rhodey flies down with Rocket and aims guns at Thanos' head. Fallon, Natasha and Steve walk in side by side and just look at the Titan with nothing but anger. Rocket goes over to the sliced off Infinity Gauntlet, and kicks it over, and realizes that there are no stones in it.

"Oh no." Rocket breathed, grabbing their attention. He showed them the empty gauntlet and immediately a snarl falls from Fallon's lips as she took a step forward, kneeling down in front of the man with a look so deadly it could kill. In fact, it was the look that she used to use way back when that would actually kill.

"Where are they." She snaps. Her words so simple yet so complicated, filled with so many emotions that it made the group glance at one another. Her words were so calm, yet they were dripping with venom and rage.

"Answer the question!" Carol yells, tightening her hold on Thanos' neck.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation." Thanos explained.

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce says pushing him to the ground in the suit.

"You should be grateful." Thanos snarls. This cause Bruce to punch the man.

"Where are they?" Natasha repeated Fallon's words.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms."

"You used them two days ago!" Fallon snapped in disbelief. And it only seemed to make her angrier.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am inevitable."

"Oh you son of a bitch." Fallon clenched her jaw.

"We have to tear this place apart, he has to be lying." Rhodey told the group.

That's when Nebula spoke up, and her voice was saddened, filled with nothing but regret as she spoke her next words. "My father is many things. A liar is not one of them."

"Ah, thank you, daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly." Thanos complemented her. The god of thunder had had enough. Thor's face was filled with rage, raising his hand to summon Stormbreaker, and before anyone can stop him he slices Thanos' head off. Thanos' limp body falls to the floor. Whilst everyone looked at the now headless body of Thanos in shock, Fallon couldn't help the satisfied smirk that fell on her lips.

"What. . . what'd you do?" Rocket said.

"I went for the head." Thor simply said before walking out. Everyone slowly followed behind him and headed back to the ship, and as Fallon got ready to head back to earth, she couldn't help but notice that she didn't feel any better now that the Titan was dead. In fact, she felt even angrier than she had knowing that he was alive.

 In fact, she felt even angrier than she had knowing that he was alive