𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:ELITE DEATH SQUAD

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
ELITE DEATH SQUAD

"HEY, CAP!" SAM CALLED, AND almost immediately, Steve entered the room. The trio all looked at Bucky, watching as he slowly started to come to. Steve looked between the assassin and his friend before walking a few steps closer to Bucky.

"Steve." The man mumbled, looking up at him.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve asked, frowning as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Your mom's name was Sarah. . . You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." He said the last part with a smile and Fallon smirked in amusement.

"You wore newspapers in your shoes?" The redhead asked, snickering even though her throat protested against doing so. Steve rolled his eyes at the woman before looking back towards Bucky.

"Can't read that in a museum."

"Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?" Sam asked, disbelief in his voice. Fallon rolled her eyes, her arms crossing over her chest as she looked at Bucky. The man caught Fallon's eyes before his eyes landed on the bruises that were placed around her throat. He frowned, guilt overcoming him.

"What did I do?" He asked, looking at Steve.

Steve exchanged a look with Fallon before saying, "Enough."

Bucky sighed. "Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

"Bucky, this isn't your fault." Fallon managed to say, her voice hoarse as she spoke the words, trying to hold back the wince that threatened to come. Bucky looked at her, his frown deepening as he watched the pain flash through her eyes before it disappeared again.

"Who was he?" Steve asked.

"I don't know." The man answered, turning his attention back towards Steve.

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than "I don't know." Steve sternly told the man.

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where." Bucky explained.

"Why would he need to know that?" Steve asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Because I'm not the only winter soldier." As he said this, Sam and Fallon exchanged looks with one another. Both silently cursing HYDRA before turning back towards the man.

"Who were they?" Steve continued to ask the question, Fallon and Sam staying quiet as they watched the interrogation.

"Their most elite death squad." Bucky told them. "More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum."

"They all turn out like you?" Sam finally asked.

"Worse." Bucky responded, making the redhead curse under her breath.

"The doctor, could he control them?" Steve quizzed.

"Enough."

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall." Steve told him.

"With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming."

"This keeps getting better and better." Fallon whispered under her breath. Sam walked up to Steve, Fallon following behind.

"This would have been a lot easier a week ago." Sam muttered, glancing at Bucky before turning his eyes to look back at Steve.

"If we call Tony. . . "

"No, he won't believe us." Sam shook his head.

"Even if he did. . ." Steve sighed.

"Who knows if the Accords would let him help." Sam finished.

"So, we're on our own?" Fallon asked, her eyes switching between Sam and Steve. Sam looked at the woman before shaking his head.

"Maybe not. I know a guy."

✩︎✩︎✩︎✩︎✩︎

After much protests from Fallon, she finally entered the getaway car that Steve had picked out which was a small black Volkswagen. She sat in the back with Bucky whilst Sam and Steve sat up front. She looked out the window, her arms crossed over her chest as she watched the scenery fly by. Whilst Sam and Steve had a conversation with one another up front, Bucky turned his head to look at the woman he was starting to grow fond of.

"What happened?" He asked, grabbing her attention. She frowned, confusion clear on her face. "I did that to you, didn't I."

"Bucky. . . you weren't in control." She told him, closing her eyes and tilting her head slightly as a pain of fire ran up her throat before she swallowed the pain to look at him.

"I hurt you."

Fallon shrugged her shoulders. "I've been through worse, Bucky. It's alright, really."

"It's not alright when you can barely talk without wincing." Bucky responded. Fallon sighed before turning to face him, placing a hand on his thigh as she looked him right in the eyes.

"Bucky, I am fine. It's only a bruise, nothing that won't heal within two or three days." Fallon told him. She let out a sigh, knowing that he was going to continue to guilt himself for this. "Stop making yourself feel guilty for something you couldn't control." And that was the end of the conversation when they stopped, meeting up with Sharon Carter who returned Steve and Sam's outfits, as well as Fallon's weapons. And Fallon watched with amusement as Bucky and Sam bickered back and forth before a smirk formed on her face, watching as Sharon and Steve exchanged their first kiss.

 And Fallon watched with amusement as Bucky and Sam bickered back and forth before a smirk formed on her face, watching as Sharon and Steve exchanged their first kiss

So, thank you to the loml -wandascarlett for surprising me with the intro gif! It's so cute and I love it so much🥺