𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE:FALSE HOPE

FALSE HOPE

THE FACILITY ALMOST FELT FOREIGN to Fallon as she walked through the doors. She stood in the entrance for a moment, closing her eyes as regret started to fill her body. She had simply up and left the place for five years like it hadn't been the reason for her becoming one of the good guys. She had up and left the people that were quick to become her family as if they meant nothing, and she felt nothing but guilty.

"Fallon." The sound of Natasha's voice made her open her eyes. She looked up, watching as the woman came closer to her. She noticed her hair had changed, the red having growing back out with blonde at the ends of hair. It was a pretty hairstyle, and Fallon had to admit it was one of her favorite's out of all the one's she had seen Natasah in.

"Natasha." Fallon breathed as the two women quickly embrace, holding onto one another tightly as if they were scared to let go because of the thought of one of them disappearing like the rest of their friends had. "I'm sorry for leaving."

"No." Natasha shook her head, still holding onto the girl. "Don't be sorry. It's understandable why you left, and I don't blame you. I just wish you would've kept in touch."

"Me too." Fallon whispered as the two pulled away. "I wanted to contact you, Nat. I did. I just. . . feelings are hard for me. And for the past five years I've been having nothing but feelings. I don't know, I guess I was just embarrassed or something."

"For having the ability to cry?" Natasha questioned, cocking her head slightly. "You shouldn't be embarrassed because of that. In fact, after all the shit you've been through, you should be proud because you can cry." Fallon felt tears fill her eyes making her scoff as she forced a thankful smile onto her lips.

"Is it true?" Fallon asked, forcing away the tears. "Do we. . . do we have a chance?"

"We do." Natasha nodded her head. "Come on." She gently grabbed Fallon's wrist before bringing the girl to the room where Clint was doing a test run to make sure that their plan was actually going to work. Natasha quietly explained to Fallon what Clint was trying to do, to see if he could bring something from the past back to the present.

"Alright, Clint. We're going in. . . 3. . . 2. . . 1" Bruce counted down and pressed a few things on the machinery before Clint disappeared, going into the quantum realm. Fallon stood there anxiously, her arms crossed tightly over her chest. It was the longest five seconds of her life before they brought Clint back. He appeared once more, breathing heavily and landing on his knees. Natasha was quick to leave Fallon's side, running up to him and places her hands on either side of his face.

"Hey, hey. Look at me. You okay?" Natasha was quick to ask whilst the other's ran up the ramp to get to the man. He just nods his head before getting up, Natasha helping him. He held up a baseball glove tapping the baseball glove against Natasha's chest before tossing it to Tony.