𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN:INTERROGATION

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
INTERROGATION

FALLON WAS PACING HER APARTMENT, thought after thought rolling through her mind as she decided what it would be that she would do. Would she really let the man that she had originally come to kill, the man that had made her gain her humanity back. Would she really let him be the reason why she got caught and committed into a life full of a prison cell? She closed her eyes, stopping in the middle of her room before she let out a huff.  She really was going to do this wasn't she?

And she did. She let herself enter the building where she knew Bucky and the others were being held. She was met with a redhead, and she couldn't help but smirk when she realized who it was that stood in front of her.

"So you're the infamous Black Widow?" Fallon cocked her head to the side slightly, watching as they continued to take her weapons that she hadn't hid in a separate building.

"You know me, but I don't know you. Should I?" Natasha asked, making Fallon's smile widen even more at this. She had an advantage, and she was excited for it.

"Probably." She shrugged her shoulders. "You should be lucky that you don't know who I am, Natalia. Because I know all about you." Natasha narrowed her eyes at the woman and she just laughed, allowing herself to be taken away and into the room where Steve and Sam were sitting. They looked at the new girl with raised eyebrows. Fallon just smiled at them.

"Hello again, gentlemen." She breathed, turning her head away form the two to look out the window where the others were watching Bucky being interrogated. She frowned slightly, not liking how he was trapped in a glass cage.

"Who the hell are you?" Sam asked, looking at Steve before pointing at her. "Who the hell is she?"

"A friend." Fallon stated, turning her head to look at him.

"Do you have a name?" Sam asked. "Or, do you want me to just call you 'a friend'?"

Fallon smirked, turning in her seat. "I like you."

"Do you like me enough to tell me your name?"

"You want me to expose my name in a government building?" Fallon asked, cocking an eyebrow at the male.

"Yes." Sam deadpanned.

Steve rolled his eyes at his friend before looking at the girl, Fallon watching Sam's irritation with amusement. "At least give us a name to call you."

Fallon looked at the man before leaning in her chair and thinking for a moment, she then smiled. "Rain Harper."

"And what exactly are you, Rain Harper?" Sam retorted, rolling his eyes.

"I'm an assassin, what about you?"

Sam looked at her, sucking on his teeth as he nodded his head before turning to look at Steve. "Are there any other assassins I should know about that are just going to pop up god knows where?"

"I hate to disappoint, but its just me." Fallon shrugged.

"How do you and Bucky know each other?" Steve asked, pushing aside the banter between the two. Fallon looked at him before amusement filled her eyes.

"I was going to kill him."

"Oh, this just keeps getting better and better." Sam spoke, sitting back in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest.

"If you were trying to kill him, why were you helping him?" Steve asked her, suspicion clear in his voice and written all over his face. Fallon studied him for a moment before she let out a sigh, becoming serious.

"For reasons that I'm not obliged to share." Fallon stated. Steve sat up a little straighter at this, his eyes narrowing slightly at the woman. Fallon closed her eyes, running a hand through her hair before crossing her arms over her chest again. She glanced out at the screen that still showed Bucky before looking back towards Steve. "Look, you don't have to trust me. I'm just here to help. And then I'll leave if you want me to."

"If we get out of here. . ."

"I'll tell you whatever you want to know." Fallon assured him. Steve nodded his head and Sam looked between the two before muttering curses under his breath. If Steve trusted her, then that meant he would be forced to trust her too.

Sharon Carter then enters the room, her eyes falling onto Fallon for a few seconds before walking up to Sam and handing him a receipt. "The receipt for your gear."

"'Bird Costume'? Come on." Sam huffed whilst Fallon smirked in amusement, earning a glare from the boy.

"I didn't write it." Sharon told him. She then looks around before she turns off the restrictions that didn't allow them to see or hear what was going on. Bucky was now placed on the tiny screen in the room the trio were placed in. They all glanced at Sharon before looking back at the screen.

"I'm not here to judge you." The man that was interrogating Bucky stated. "I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are James?" He didn't answer. "I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky." He muttered.

Steve looked down at the picture that had been placed all around, passing it on to Fallon when she nodded her head towards it. Her eyes narrowed, scanning the picture intently. "Why would the task force release this photo to begin with?"

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?"

"And cause a panic to do that?" Fallon asked. "But it makes sense. It's a good way to get someone out of hiding."

"Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier." Steve continued.

"You're saying someone framed him to find him." Sharon nodded her head in understanding.

"Steve, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing." Sam pointed out.

"You didn't know where to look." Fallon told the male.

"We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." Steve responded to Sam.

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would." Sharon's eyes narrowed, looking around whilst Steve did the same before his eyes landed on the screen that now showed the doctor who was writing something down.

"Yeah." Steve agreed.

"Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal, haven't you?" The male asked.

"I don't want to talk about it." Bucky answered.

"You feel that if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop." There was pause before the man spoke once more. "Don't worry, we only have to talk about one." And then, the lights went out.