Chapter 7

Layla's POV:

As we pull up to the wedding venue, I see a bunch of flashing cameras and a red carpet to the entrance.

Of course, Rachel Greene would make her wedding look like a movie premiere. Judging from Reyna's scowling expression, she's thinking exactly the same thing I am.

"What a spoiled-" she starts saying, but I slap her and jerk my head in Yusuf's direction on my other side, staring out his window obliviously to the other side of the street from the venue, also filled with many photographers.

Faiz looks back and 'tsks' his sister with a smirk on his face.

My god, he looks hot tonight.

That black three-piece tux was form-fitted, meaning I could see every muscle move and flex whenever he moved his arms.

Why the hell are you looking at his arms?! Focus, Layla, you're not interested.

I snap out of my daze when the driver, Will, says, "Alright, Mr. Faiz, sir, Mr. Aslam says to get out of the car and open the door for Ms. Reyna, Ms. Layla, and her brother. Then, walk them down the carpet. Stop only for a minute for pictures, if you wish, and then go straight into the venue."

Faiz nods at Will and looks back to us as it's our turn to stop in front of the carpet and enter the venue.

"Ready guys?" He asks. Yusuf nods vigorously as Reyna and I laugh at his antics. Then, we nod along with Yusuf. Faiz grins, fixes his tux, and opens the door.

As soon as the female population gets a look at him getting out of the car, they start screaming like crazy.

He sends them all his famous smirk and a wave before opening Reyna's door.

She takes a breath before stepping onto the velvet red carpet and sends the photographers and the people a pearly, magazine-worthy smile. She kisses her brother on the cheek and gives him a side hug.

I step out a moment later, and the screams keep coming. I send them all a megawatt smile and a small wave before helping my little brother out of the car.

My brother gives them all his adorable 10-year-old grin, and so we all walk down the carpet. My brother waves at everybody on either side of the carpet, being contained by security guards and velvet rope barriers.

I breathe in the evening air and look up to the sky mixing colors, with pink tones here, yellow tones there. Some blue and purple taking over.

I already feel my racing heart calm. Sunsets always had a way with me.

I pose for some pictures, feeling Reyna or Yusuf pose with me.

I was shocked when Faiz even posed with me in one picture. I tried not to act shocked when he slid an arm behind my back and rested it on my waist. We both smiled for the photographers.

"What the hell, Faiz!" I scold under my breath, still smiling for the cameras.

He chuckles softly, "Aww, Laylee, I can't take a picture with you, but Reyna and Yusuf can? That's not quite fair, is it?"

I look at him with a sisterly smile, for the forever-flashing cameras, and mutter "If you touch me again, Faiz Aslam, so help me I will scream like a banshee and kick you in the shin with my gladiator shoes and make you look bad. You'll never get a business offer in a while."

He smirks playfully, "We both know you're lying, Layla Abbasi."

I raise an eyebrow, "I rarely lie."

We finally reached the entrance of the wedding venue and the guard there asked us all our names, and we answer.