Chapter Five

"Where are you guys headed to?" A deep voice asked for the car speakers

"We're going to give my old friend Johnny a visit then gonna head into the woods to find Chan's friends." Lia answered putting an emphasis on the old part.

"That's even if he has friends! They're probably just made up so he wouldn't be so lonely in primary school!"

"Shut it JooE!"

"I honestly don't know if I like or am annoyed by this girl anymore, she's kinda funny." A calmer voice called out.

"Thank you, finally someone who actually is cool. Unlike you idiots."

"As much as I'd like to argue with you JooE unnie I've got to go yell at some tall bastard to get his ass in the car so we can go and find Chan's imaginary friends." A female voice stated a bored tone clear in her voice.

"Fuck you all."

"Love you too Chan hyung byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

A beeping sound was heard as the call was cut off. The car pulled to a stop in front of a small village. "Smells like home." Lia smiled taking a big waft of the air.

"Your home smells like cow shit." Jin stated while covering his nose.

"Shut up Jin! Hurry up before an old woman tries to sell you another magic carpet and you actually believe her."

"Okay last time it seriously looked like the real deal."

They walked into a market full of animals, food stands, jewellery and other things. As they followed Lia, Chan had to hold Jin back from walking into a mirror shop to 'check if they had a good one for his collection'. They passed people on horses and giant buildings with green tiled roofs. 

"What is this place it looks like some village from an old-time movie." Chan asked gesturing the people with traditional clothes on as they bowed to them.

"It's my hometown, as you can see it's very traditional. A very popular place for tourists and on the bucket lists of people who haven't seen something like it ever or just in a long time. Try these they're great." She said holding out two steaming buns.

The boys looked at each other before grabbing one each. As they took a bite the heat of the crust was immediately overtaken by the coolness of the jam inside. It was amazing and even though it was practically just a jam donut it still tasted better than any bun they had ever had.

Suddenly they stopped in front of a brown house, it's roof was covered in grey tiles in two different parts for each floor. It had a pond flowing underneath the bridge they were stood on top of. It had red paper lanterns hanging off each corner and the top floor had a wooden balcony around the brim of the first roof. Snow was piled up on top of the ends.

"This is like one of those Japanese styled homes you'd see in an anime." Chan pointed out.

"You need to stop watching those Chan." Jin sighed putting his hand on his forehead.