Jessica

Justin woke me up with some coffee.
I stood up and got dressed. It took me a bit longer, but I didn't mind.
As I was finishing, I saw a photo from my wedding.

When I first got married to him twenty years ago, I didn't imagine this

But what did I know back then? Not much; I was just fresh out of college. He was a boy who my parents knew. It was more of a social marriage.

Like most weddings, it was just a display of wealth we didn't have. Although I did enjoy the cake, i have a pretty big sweet tooth. Jackson gets it from me.
To be honest......it took me a year of my marriage for me to actually love Justin. But, I realized that, sometimes being forced to do something. Can bring cheer to a life you didn't know you wanted.

I stood up and got my things. I need to get to work early.
"Jessie?" Justin said to me, "Henrys no going to school today; he's having severe pain in his lower back. Do you know the school's number?"

"555-238-7649," I told him. I called the school a few times when the kids got sick of they couldn't go.

"Okay, i'll make the call," Justin said. When he did.

"I'll be taking the car," I said, walking upstairs. I need to check on Henry.

I opened his bedroom door. Henry was sleeping on his side. A dark mug on the beside table.
I smiled. Henry is so peaceful when he's asleep. He was always a quiet one.
When he was a baby he barely cried. It was a concern for Justin and me. When Joey was a baby, he cried whenever one of us left the room.
But with Henry, he just sat there. Staring at us. It was very creepy.

I closed the door and went downstairs. I got in the car and started it. Justin isn't going anywhere today, so he doesn't need it. I buckled up

Before I pulled out, I adjusted the rear mirror and I saw......

A MAN IN THE BACKSEAT!
I yelped and looked behind me.
He wasn't there.
I took a few deep breaths; when I did, there was a knock on the driver side window.
I jumped a tiny bit. Oh, it's just Bryan.
I rolled down the window. So I could talk to him.
"Hey Jess," He said. "Is Justin home? I came to give him his check."
"Check? For what?" I asked.
"His investment, I paid it back to him. Tenfold or whatever people say."
"Uh, yeah, he's inside," I said.
He nodded, and I rolled the window up as he walked inside.

I drove to the Harrisons and parked in the street.

I walked inside with the key Lawrence gave me.
"Dont you think you're deciding the gender a little early?" Lawrence asked. He was in a different room. I followed the voice of him and Dorothy.
"But you always say that it's never too early," Dorothy explained, "i just want to be ready for kids."

When I walked into a room that wasn't being used.

"Don't laugh!" She shouted, embarrassed.