Joey

Last night I had a strange dream. I was in a forest; I had a torch in my hands, my senses were overwhelmed with the smell of smoke, and it was hard for me to focus, but I could see a large fallen tower in the distance. The building is covered in remains, roots, and moss.
The old wooden door was wide open, and it too was covered in a strange-looking moss
My torch allows me to see what seems like some form of a sacrificial chamber inside, deteriorated and taken by time itself.
I entered the chamber. I saw black curtains, and the ground was stained red with blood.

I heard the door close behind me and suddenly.....I was back in my bed; I groaned and stood up.
I got out of bed and stripped off my pajamas as I walked to the shower.
I cleaned my tail and my hair. I also washed my ears; I heard on the radio that for wolves doing so could improve our health.
When I stepped out of the shower, I heard voices again.
They did the things they always did, yelled at me, called me furry, and told me to kill myself.

As I went to my room, my ears twitched as I heard something coming from Henry's room. It sounded like someone was throwing things around. I ignored it....but...something seems off.

As I got dressed, I grabbed the book I had rented yesterday and opened it. I had left off in part about Sayan.

When I opened the book, I winced.
I CUT MYSELF ON THE STUPID PAGE!
My index finger oozed a tiny droplet of blood.
I put the book down and wiped the blood off on a piece of paper nearby.
I opened the book again, this time being careful.

When I returned to the page I was on; I noticed something out of place. On the page was.....my name?

Joseph Pearl.
It was there in the book.
I closed my eyes.....it was gone.
I turned the page, and another message was there that didn't belong.
There is more in your destiny than you think; you were chosen for a great purpose.

I turned the page again.
I flipped through the book and got a message.

You were put on the earth for a reason; you were made to make sure Nikolaus can not come back into your world. My little brother doesn't regret his decisions; he wants to create more chaos. He has gone rogue. You can see beyond the barrier he has set up, and you saw his sacrifice chamber.

I trust you, Joesph. dont let me down.

"Hey, Joey?" I heard Jason say, and I jumped, dropping the book.

"Wow, we need need to go to school get ready," he said, leaving the room.
I grabbed the book and left the room.

At school, I could barely pay attention; the message Sayan gave me still fresh in my mind; during my Science class, I passed Jennifer a note. I was telling her to meet me outside during lunch.
I took a look at her through the reflection in the teacher's glasses; she looked pleased.

Lunch had begun, and I had snuck out of the cafeteria into a small picnic area. It wasn't being used because it rained last night.

I saw Jennifer, and she came up to me.
"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" She asked with a smile.
"Well, i'm not sure if you'll believe me."
"Believe you? If you know it, it must be true," she told me.

That's nice of her to say.

"Well.....

"Wait, what?" she looked confused

"I received a message from her earlier today from an old book," I explained what the message was and what the mission was.
"A-and why did you wanted to tell me?"
"I need some help; I can't do it alone."