-Chapter 28-

Tony Stark Point Of View
It's late, later than I want to admit I snuck out of bed back to the computer table I put into my downstairs office because as much as I've been trying all day to ignore what Steve came here to tell me about this whole time travel thing is bugging me. There has to be a way to get it to work without transforming into either younger or older versions of ourselves because I'm sure despite having been out of the game that I can crack the code. So I've got Friday running scenarios while I'm sitting back watching as each one isn't viable over and over again until the damn thing lights up green.

"Shit" I gasp throwing my hands up in complete and utter shock that actually worked.

"Shit"

I spin around in the chair to see Morgan perched on the very last step on the stairs giving me the perfect Stark sassy look.

"What are you doing up little miss"? I ask her leaning on the back of the chair.

"Shit" She repeats this time with more confidence.

"No no we don't use that word, only mommy gets to use it she coined it so it belongs to her" I say shaking my head at my daughter.

We stare at each other for a couple seconds while her little eyebrows furrow at my reasons for her not cursing.

"Why are you up"? Is her next very astute question.

I dramatically cross my arms puffing out my chest giving her my best I'm serious face and say.

"Because I've got some important shit going on. I've got a lot on my mind right now that's all" I whisper back at her mirroring the look she just gave me surprised at just how much she's actually like me.

"Was it about juice pops"? She smiles the one I'm convinced she somehow learned from me.

"Yes it was about juice pops how'd you know it was about juice pops young lady"? I ask her getting up from my chair that way we both can go to the kitchen to fetch said frozen snack.

We ended up back in her room finishing up our late night snack I'm so lucky to have her in my life though a tiny piece of me is feeling guilty because Peter is missing from all of this.

"You know I love you right"? I ask her after taking the empty popsicles sticks.

"Yep and I love you 3000" Morgan nods pulling the blankets up to her chin.

"Wow, 3000 that's a lot. That's huge" I can't wipe the smile off my face even as my dumb genius brain reminds me that Mia is gone too.

"Now go to sleep or I'm going to sell all your toys" I tell her as I gently close the door to her room.

Once out in the hallway I sigh out loud the weight of everything we've lost is nearly overwhelming but the tiny shred of hope that is the successful time travel simulation. It could be the answer to fixing the last 5 years bring everyone back but not change what we have here.

"You got nothin' on me now Pep she loves me 3000" I shrug my shoulders sitting with her on the couch I know she already knows what I'm thinking.

"You want to see if it's going to work don't you"? She says as more of a statement than a question because honestly she knows what the answer is.

"Yeah hell if it works it could save everyone Mia and Peter included, the trick would be not changing the life we've built right here. I do that and hey everything would be perfect" I sigh glancing back at the computer table which is still showing the viable simulation.

"Then you owe it to them to at least try I'm not going to tell you not too, that's your sister Tony" She leans over kissing my cheek.

She's right of course.